Roll Call: Michigan - support the Green Fairway Fellowship!

Evergreen Hills in Southfield (9 holes)

I agree with most of the courses posted here. I would add Blackheath as well. Never try and walk Copper Hills. Learned that the hard way at the start of the pandemic. 13 mile walk, blisters, and our finishing hole wasn’t at the club house so we had to walk at least 1/4 mile back to our cars.
Probably a good rule of thumb to never walk a course that has 27 holes and questionable routing.

1 Like

Blackheath is a good one. I wish that course wasn’t so popular, cause it’s my favorite course to play. But the pace can be glacial.

1 Like

It’s my favorite in the area but yes. Pace is a problem. Their biggest problem. Close second are the range balls

What public in the area doesn’t have a problem with pace of play?

2 Likes

Updated look of how hole 12 at Arcadia looked yesterday. We ended up dropping balls in the fairway as those black blobs were all bulldozers moving sand. Hole 11 around and on the green had a ton of sand on it as well. I don’t know what they’re supposed to do with the constant winds, but they’re doing all they can it seems.

Also, yes it was freezing cold… but 4 layers and a heated cart made the high of 32°, 25+mph winds, and pellets of ice hitting us throughout the day not so bad. What a day…

5 Likes

How was the South Course? And were the greens slower or faster than Devil’s Ridge?

Backstory for everyone else: The greens at Devil’s Ridge on Friday were freakishly, inexplicably fast.

1 Like

Parachuting in blind for a Craigslist style ISO ad for companionship…

Myself + 2 pals are looking for an experienced sherpa in the Detroit area on 5.27 (Friday) for a round before we head up to Forest Dunes for the holiday weekend.

Member of the FCF? Great, I challenge your honor in the name of The Supercell.

Just got a recommendation on where a nice place to play on a Friday morning would be? That’s lovely too.

Honestly, just looking for some guidance of where we should play while waiting on Friday afternoon arrivals before we caravan. But if it can be done whilst in the presence of other Refugees? Well, shit ya.

DM’s are open, and so is my heart. Talk soon, Michiganders.

5 Likes

Unfortunately the South Course had a frost delay when we got there so we hit the Bluffs early & by the time we were done the group didn’t have another 18 in them. Really disappointing, but more reason to go back when it’s warmer!

The greens were definitely slower than Devil’s Ridge lmao. It was a bit disappointing to not watch my friends chips roll of the greens like I know they should (they hadn’t played it before) but it probably made us all putt better.

Overall it was an experience I’ll never forget, but I wouldn’t mind wearing a few less layers next time haha.

2 Likes

Good luck to anyone trying to play their matches in the snow today! I’m case you missed it, the matchplay round 1 is extended to 4/22.

Anyone on the west side interested in playing diamond springs Friday 4/29 around 10:30?

I’m very interested. As of right now, I’m in for next Friday at Diamond Springs.

1 Like

One more and we can make it a roost round!

1 Like

Very interested. Gotta see if I can get someone to watch my son.

I am interested as well. If someone drops reach out and I will let you know if I can swing it.

If both you and @CorneliousPoon can make it that would make it 4

You’re right, bad math on my part. I will still let you know in the upcoming days.

1 Like

Yo @paroutfromhere are we supposed to log out first round matches somewhere?

Looks like you already posted the results in the google sheet.

Only a couple days left and a few matches still on the board. Lansing crew playing Friday.

Any updates from the rest?

@CaddieCoveralls @Golfpro731
@j0shsm1th @jawnnypage
@cgill @murphornothin
@kurtlpet @remy4x6
@abolton @theclv24

@MidwestHack @yoAB