Roll Call: Michigan - support the Green Fairway Fellowship!

Welcome

Played there last summer, sad to hear it went private

Welcome!

Didn’t it join that group of courses (Sunnybrook, Stonewater, etc)?

They are part of that group but have been for a couple years I think. Weren’t totally private those years.

Yea they were private back in the 00’s, bankrupted back in like 2010ish so they went semi-private, and are trying again now apparently. It probably will work better this time as they are part of the RedWater/Watermark group (six private clubs now under one membership). They were owned by that group for a few years before going private, The Ravines and Thornapple Point are the only two they own that are still public

They did let us public golf commoners keep our work league there though which is pretty neat. Think one of our guys in the league is a member there so he probably greased some wheels.

3 Likes

yup. under the watermark umbrella now

1 Like

Welcome, @LinksandDrinks1! Me and @EdgettJ_4 are behind the Red Water pay wall so to speak, so if anyone would like to get on any of those courses sometime, feel free to hit us up. Our home course is StoneWater so we have advanced booking privileges there but Muskegon CC and Thousand Oaks tracks.

5 Likes

I’ve been wanting to get over to Macatawa. Some local knowledge and a good walk is always appreciated!

1 Like

I’m a RedWater member with Macatawa as my home course. Happy to take anyone out there.

5 Likes

I’ll be taking you guys up on hosting… I’ve never been to a few of their courses.

4 Likes

Awesome! I’ll let you know when I need to fill a tee time

2 Likes

New westsider here, I know I’m too late for match play but wanted to be added to contact list to be able to meet members and play

6 Likes

Welcome James! Where on the West side to you live and where to you normally play?
I live in Walker and play the Mines frequently but try and play as many courses as possible.

2 Likes

I got you added to the FcF group. Welcome sir! Glad to have you on board!

2 Likes

Haven’t been on the refuge much lately, but I’m in GR and also part of RedWater with Stonewater as my home course. Anyone who is part of that and wants to meet up and play together, would love to do so!

Also would be down to host if you’re looking to see any of those courses and don’t have another way on.

@paroutfromhere anything I need to do to get added to the group? Thanks!

6 Likes

I got ya man! Welcome back from the wilderness haha

Throw your info in this spreadsheet and hop in the whatsapp for the west side!

Does anyone have a list of public courses in Oakland County that don’t make it near impossible for people to walk?

I haven’t played it in a while but I used to walk Kensington pretty regularly

Rackham, Sylvan Glen, Red Oaks, the Birmingham 9 hole tracks (Springdale and Lincoln Hills) maybe Glen Oaks for Southern OC

1 Like

Pontiac CC, White Lake Oaks. Springfield Oaks you can walk but it’s a hell of a walk, not bc of green/tee length but bc of elevation changes. Pretty dramatic.