Roll Call: Michigan - support the Green Fairway Fellowship!

I’ll grab mine when I see you.

1 Like

Go to preferences and then it right here:

1 Like

Hmm interesting. I don’t have that option on my preferences page.

You need to connect with @paroutfromhere to be added to the roster of the roost. Then the icon will become an option for you.

3 Likes

Hey everyone, new here. Just joined a little while ago to have another place to talk golf and to support NLU. I live in Plymouth on the west side of Metro Detroit and play the courses around here. My wife and I are probably going to join Western GCC in the near future, so that will be the home course if/when that happens.

10 Likes

Welcome! I’m in Northville but play in AA mostly, what courses do you normally hit? I drove by Hilltop today and it looked ready for play but no one was out there.

I believe there are some Western members on here as well when you pull that trigger. The new clubhouse looks sick.

3 Likes

From one new guy to another, welcome dude!

3 Likes

Thanks, I grew up in Northville actually. I live right between Hill Top and Northville Hills and play in a league at Glen Oaks in Farmington. Otherwise I play Pheasant Run a fair bit because it’s close to work.

Before golf exploded my wife and I played at Downey Farms all the time so she could learn and we could get drunk for $10 each. Last time I went there though it was a three hour nine, so I sort of dropped that.

Excited to meet more people near us and hopefully get to play some

4 Likes

That’s exactly why I’m here too. Im a transplant from Jackson, so I’m definitely trying to get out and play with new people. I play my league at Salem Hills. It had a new owner last year and was in really good shape.

1 Like

We finally figured out the time zones, smh:

Mike is joining us early in the morning from Tasmania on his day off. He is completely that dude.

4 Likes

Hey welcome! If you have any tips on how to convince my wife to let us join Western I’d love to hear them haha.

1 Like

Anyone here sign up for the Fried Egg event at Meadowbook - Sept 12th? I signed up as a single.

1 Like

Ah, should have checked the thread first before posting!
I too wanted to go last year, but the border situation meant I couldn’t pull the trigger (coming from outside of Toronto)
I got signed up as a single. Looking forward to it and meeting some of the Michigan Nest members.

2 Likes

No worries, glad to see some others from here will be there. I only wish it was a little closer haha. I guess more time to work on my game.

Hey gang, one of the guys from our annual golf trip of 24 dudes backed out and we have one final spot open. This year we’re doing June 26-29 in the UP. It’s a causal Ryder Cup style format. Most of the crew is in the 30/40-something range with about half of us including @DetroitGolfer19 from the media field and all mid-handicaps. If you might be interested and comfortable being the ‘new guy’, shoot me a dm and I’ll get you all the details. Cheers!

5 Likes

Someone come be the new guy with me!

5 Likes

Wanted to ask this group if anyone has had a chance to play Red Run in Royal Oak? My family is looking at the possibility of joining this year and wanted to get opinions on the course.

I haven’t seen it in the last 3 seasons and i know they removed a lot of trees to make it more playable. They updated the practice facilities too. Easy to walk, always kept in beautiful condition.

Caddied there as a kid and was a member for a few years. Staff is incredible and the facilities are in great shape. Awesome newer bar by the pool area.

Pretty friendly membership with a growing amount of younger guys when i was there.

Definitely recommend it even though they took out the centerline tree on #9 that was my favorite feature of the course.

Messaged you

Yooo…

Let me know when you want to arrange a time to pass this over to you, my man.

6 Likes