Roll Call: Michigan - support the Green Fairway Fellowship!

Welcome to the party! What course do you call home?

@paroutfromhere Tossed my info on the Matchplay spreadsheet.

2 Likes

Nice! We’ve hit 64 folks signed up so will go for a straight knockout bracket. If anyone else wants to sign up we will work to accommodate but we’ll lock it into pairings in the next 2 weeks as we open up golf season.

7 Likes

Hey everyone. New guy checking in here from Novi. Great to meet you all.

10 Likes

Welcome

1 Like

Welcome to the group!

1 Like

I signed up for the GR Get Down but not 100% sure if I will make it or not. My sister is getting married the 11th and we are coming back to town for two weeks so not sure if we will come the week before her wedding or the week of and after. But put my name down anyways.

2 Likes

Enjoying some API action today!

8 Likes

Looking for some feedback. Do you guys like the old timey, sort of rudimentary looking course maps? I started working on this project just to see if I could make it, and to see what a modern course would look like in this form. The trees and title were slapped on pretty quickly, so a lot more detail could be added to this.

Mostly just looking for negative feedback to tell me to stop. I’m not sure if it’s interesting enough to compete with more detailed stuff like Lie + Loft and Ballpark Blueprints, etc. But doing the top courses in the state and adding little personal details of the area here and there is what intrigued me in the beginning, so not sure if I should continue with the project or not.

4 Likes

I dig it. Would’ve been cool to look at something like this before playing the course to get a better sense of the routing & property. Topography info would be cool to include as well.

Speaking of Loft + Lie, I tried a similar style map/art with my course (massive kudos if you can guess it). I couldn’t figure out why the custom L+L stuff was so expensive so please tell me what I’m missing on this knockoff lol

3 Likes

I’d say that looks pretty damn spot on.

Anyone looking to sell a push cart?

Anyone else sign up for TFE event at Meadowbrook this fall? Registration went live a few minutes ago. I didn’t pull the trigger last year and regretted it so made sure I got in this time. Excited!

5 Likes

How quickly does this get filled up?

I’m not sure, seems like most of their events are selling out fast. Obviously their NLU joint event was pretty big but also limited with a lottery drawing. Same with the Dunes Club event. I think this will likely have one of the bigger fields given the venue and such.

All that to say I’m not sure haha. Maybe someone here who did it last year can speak to it.

My buddy and I just signed up. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve driven by there wishing to get on, can’t wait.

Also, because I’m an idiot, I tried to register with my debit card which resulted in the purchase getting flagged and denied by my credit union. CU called me and asked about the purchase, “and this Fried Egg is a real thing?”
Yes, its a golf tournament.
“okay then…”

6 Likes

“think that sounds weird, google No Laying Up”

4 Likes

Meadowbrook is my home course (humble brag). I hope you guys enjoy it!

7 Likes

Yep, my brother and I signed up

3 Likes

hell yeah! welcome to the fuge homie!

1 Like