Roll Call - Metro NYC

I’ll be in FL and I know 36 of us are going to VA for an annual trip that weekend but DM me as it gets closer and I can see if anyone will be around

1 Like

Should be a great venue for a wedding! The old mansion there is pretty sick. I only got out here once but it was a very memorable round, need to play again next time on LI. The Blue 9 is epic and the Gibraltar hole is one of the best par 3s on long island (which is wild to say). FriedEgg called it one of the the best remaining Golden Age courses available for restoration… enjoy!

2 Likes

I’m excited. Hopefully the weather isn’t too bad and it’s a little firm. My wife wants to go into the city and I told her I have no desire to visit Manhattan ever. I’d rather play what looks to be a beautiful course.

Bethpage is easy to get to with public transit. Take the Long Island Railroad from Penn Station. They even run a special in the ticket kiosk (under weekend getaways or something similar) for the train ride and 5min taxi from the station to the course.

Oh I’ll have a car but the black won’t be open.

Ah. The Red is also good! Not as much a bucket list item for most though. Sorry, I’m starting at the bottom of this thread and reading up. This has probably all been discussed already.

@HibernatingBear new nest member here. Looking to finally get plugged into the local roost. Looks like membership goes live in March. Where else besides here can I get plugged in? Be on the lookout for local events?

2 Likes

DM sent

1 Like

@HibernatingBear sorry if this has been discussed before, how do i join the roost for NYC? I am LI. I also am not nest member. so first step become nest member? then join? do you guys list events?

3 Likes

def no need for that, @HibernatingBear shoudl get in touch with you shortly. we’ll be announcing a rough events schedule this week!

2 Likes

@licalzig you do NOT need to be in the nest in order to join the Roost. As @Cinnamon said we’ll be rolling out 2023 membership later this week and actually have a zoom announcement tomorrow for anyone that wants to join. @NYCMetroRACDG

Membership will go live on our website after this announcement and hopefully we’ll start rolling out events soon after that

most of our interactions (I should say, almost all) happen on Discord. Feel free to join that using the below invite.

3 Likes

:heart:

1 Like

Bumping this. Just 2 weeks away from being in Long Island. Playing timber point on April 1st. Any and all are welcome to join. Does anyone know how far out they’ll book tee times?

Ive booked through the suffolk county parks system in the past, times get released a week in advanced. Since it’s still pretty “offseason”, I don’t imagine you’ll have trouble getting a tee time… but you may be able to call the proshop now and get booked the old school way.

I have a Bethpage Red tee time 8:54am this Saturday April 1st that I cannot make.

Anyone have interest? I will cancel the time and let you know so you can pick it up.

@Gobrownies09 ?

1 Like

@Gobrownies09 - all yours if you want it. I wasn’t sure if you’re in the Bethpage reservation system.

Timber Point is a solid course, but Bethpage Red is a real treat IMO.

1 Like

Thanks I appreciate it but I’m gonna have to pass. Told the wife I’d go into the city with her and spend the day there instead of going out as a single. It’s probably the best thing to do instead of waking up early with a hangover and walking 18 in possible miserable weather.

2 Likes

Weather was too good today out on Long Island to sit around in a hotel room and nap so I snuck out to Timber Point for a quick 9 before the wedding. Played the red since people were making the turn onto the blue. Played up with a retired guy from Queens from hole 2 on and boy was he fun. Greens were a little rough but they just opened last week. If they were mid season form they seem tough. Had a fun round.

3 Likes

Have another Bethpage Red tee time I will be releasing into the wild.

Bethpage Red
4/8
8:09AM

Let me know if anyone is interested.

1 Like