Roll Call - Metro NYC

“Upstate NY” → Croton on Hudson :eyes:

5 Likes

you know the Canadian border is just out of shot on that map!!

@SeymourByrdees is a Long Island boy. The Bronx is upstate to him

2 Likes

Anyone have good recommendations for a Long Island club that (1) is taking new members, and (2) has a good/vibrant pool or other amenities and activities for the kids?

Assume anywhere in Nassau or from Middle Island and west in Suffolk.

Thanks!

1 Like

Guess I’m practically in Canada up here in Albany :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Man that is a huge swath of LI to cover… are you like right on the nassau/Suffolk border?

Not on the border but willing to travel. I get more golf in when the family has stuff to do…

1 Like

Inwood Country Club is on the Queens/Nassau border and has a beach club in Atlantic Beach. The beach club has a pool and private beach access.

Happy to answer any questions if you’re interested.

1 Like

Hello! New member to refuge from Westchester checking in…looking to join Harrison Meadows this afternoon for this golf season…anyone play there or know anything about the place?

2 Likes

@HibernatingBear def would!

Ive actually never heard of it. Is this the place that used to be another course that went under and it’s been taken over by new mgmt?

Yeah, used to be Willow Ridge. Smack between Westchester CC and Apawamis.

Yep that’s what I was thinking of.

@JBrad sounds like you got a new neighbor to play with

I am at Apawamis so I have seen it from next door but actually never played it. Just looked at tee times recently to maybe play off-season.

It’s a very weird scenario for me. From what I’ve heard it’s good, kinda quirky at some spots. It recently went from private to public so last year was my first chance even. My mother in law joined when they said it would be members only for town residents. They didn’t get enough and then made it full public. Never made sense for me to pay when I belonged next door. It is a good option but my mother in law barely played so it all comes down to the math and how many times you can get out vs tee time rates. Also married into Apawamis and super lucky to be there so love having people out to experience that place.

Cool! I don’t live in Harrison so I can’t play unless I join from “out of town.” What’s Apawamis like? Looks like some real interesting holes when looking at the aerial view and website.

A lot of use of elevation changes you’d expect for a course built early 1900s in the area. It’s gotten significantly better recently after a lot of work was done to expand the greens that had all gotten way too small over time. A lot of blind shots but almost all of them you will see your landing for these earlier in the round if you’re looking around.

1 Like

Some really cool shots of the course here

2 Likes

Awesome. I watched the flyovers on the website. Looks awesome.

Just got the wedding invitation. We’re staying at the Marriott in Central Islip which is 10 minutes from Timber Point. The wedding itself is at Timber Point. Looks like I’ll be playing Timber Point on April 1st if anyone wants to join. Hope that some of you can make it out.

1 Like