Roll Call - Metro NYC

Flying in from MN next Thursday-Monday. What are the chances of playing Bethpage Black? Iā€™m guessing Red would be a lot easier if I could get out there for a second round?

1 Like

Played
Pound Ridge
Country Club of Darien
Trump Links at Ferry Point

All great

5 Likes

Howdy folks, hope Iā€™m in the right place. Heading down to the Morristown, NJ area for Labor Dayā€¦ Can anyone recommend any good tracks around the area? Much obliged!

Not a whole lot particularly close to Morristown thatā€™s public. Flanders Valley is like 20 minutes I think and is decent. They have 36, but do the blue/white routing. Rock Springs is like 30 minutes and is a Raynor, but somewhat expensive for what the conditions are nowadays. Iā€™ve never been to Knoll, but itā€™s a Banks not too far away Iā€™ve hear good things about.

1 Like

Rock Spring is generally the right answer but also, go out to Architects. Great track!

6 Likes

Appreciate it. I was also checking out Berkshire Valley and Ballyowen looks awesome too.

Did I hear @MerchCzar right on the Tour champ picksā€¦he is moving back to the BK (Gowanus)??

1 Like

Hey yā€™all I am exploring taking the trip to Bethpage in Mid October. I set a goal of 22 new courses this year and was hoping to make Black my 22nd, it would be on the back of playing the TGJ event at Baltimore Country Club. So the last ones would be tangos with Tillie.

Anybody have recommendations on whether sleeping in the parking lot is worth it for the stories or recommendations on waiting for some other time to play Bethpage Black.

Just pondering it at the moment and was told by a fellow NLU guy that you all were a resource to get some feedback from. Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Hey @CountofClifton , if youā€™re coming as a single you can probably roll up at 5 or 6am and get on at some point that morning (note: Black is closed Mondayā€™s). Itā€™s possible that one of us in the group might be free the day you want to play and we can try to snag a tee time, although even for New Yorkerā€™s thatā€™s not a guarantee.

You can do the sleeping in the parking lot thing if you want the full experience but with that experience will come a body that will probably fail you due to lack of good sleep. Black will not have any sympathy for your lack of sleep.

Side note: even if you canā€™t get on Black the other courses are great tracks, especially =Red. Iā€™ve probably said it before in this thread but with a face lift the Red could be as good if not better than Black (itā€™s definitely a more enjoyable experience than the punishment that Black gives you)

1 Like

Thanks. I am still planning it out so the details are a bit sketchy, but looking at the day of October 19th, and would love to meet up with folks if they are interested in joining. But since its the middle of the week would understand if no one is available.

As for Black vs. Red. I have been told by folks I play with a lot down in the Baltimore group, I will be heading home eating my teeth, so expecting an ass kicking. But it feels like a bucket list course to cross off the list. And, I hope to be back again, but first time out making my way to Bethpage and not playing Black feels like a bit of face pressed against glass situation lol.

1 Like

hahaā€¦ oh you would be surprised. Based on the group in NY Iā€™m convinced no one actually works

5 Likes

Yourself included!

How all these guys are playing mid week at random times is beyond me

4 Likes

Love to hear that! I will let folks know, especially if a NYer joins and can lock in a tee time ahead of me.

Is anyone a member at Forest Hills Field Club or Basking Ridge CC? Iā€™m looking for private clubs around those lower-mid price ranges and wanted to get insight on how there are or if any have other recommendations.

Probably in a fun active WhatsApp chat or something :wink:

3 Likes

You have your own WhatsApp chat in NY. You should feel special

3 Likes

This gives me big, college girl why didnā€™t you give me photo credits in your instagram caption? Vibes :rofl:

A NYC member is at basking ridge, but not sure heā€™s on here anymore?

Last minute but have an open slot for my tee time this Sunday 9/18 at Bethpage Black @ 1:10pm if anyone is interested in grabbing it.

1 Like