Roll Call - Metro NYC

Ah hell, we’re all friends here. Here’s my spiel I gave someone else today:

Few things to be aware of:

1. The chats origins are based on the society that was created in the refuge called the Royal and Ancient Company of Dishonorable Golfers (RACDG). Link below to the thread/constitution if you don’t know what it is. I’m the Captain of our chapter for now.

2. The chat is VERY active and golf is maybe discussed 50% of the time. Please feel free to get involved as little or as much as you want and mute the chat if it’s too much. You don’t need to be active to get involved in events. Please DM me for the link to the chat.

3. We will hopefully be unveiling this seasons events in the next couple of weeks. We’ll have at least 4 formal events but we’re always getting together to just play casual rounds.

Let me know if you have any questions!

3 Likes

Hey all, long time NLU viewer, new here. Have lived in Brooklyn for about 6 years now, and looking for some new people to hack it with.

2 Likes

@HibernatingBear ^^

Hi all. I just booked a weekend at Sweetens Cove yesterday. Does anyone know anything about the King Collins project in Accord? I planned to visit last fall but I didn’t make it. Internet search is pretty sparse. Thank you!

Yes, it should be opening this spring and will be the same model as Sweetens, where they will offer day passes (TBD on price). They will also be offering membership (I believe also like Sweetens) who will have first dibs at passes, especially on the weekends. In addition, they will have either a hotel or cabins (possibly both) on site. Information on the web is still sparse but this is based on convos some of the guys have had with the Super and management.

We (the NY Metro RACDG chapter) plan on having an event there in (hopefully) June.

6 Likes

I cant wait to play the Accord course. I’m not moving to Albany until July, so hopefully we can get some guys together to play there later in the summer as well (I’m talking to you, @Cinnamon)

2 Likes

What’s up gang?!? I moved to Putnam County (Carmel) via VA about 8 years ago. Former club pro and since moving up have pretty much had my clubs parked in a closet. Looking to get back into the game and am hoping there’s some people close that I can catch up with. Looking forward to being a part of the group!

1 Like

Welcome Josh! Would love to have you part of our group! Hit me up in DMs if you want to join our chat. There’s a handful of us that live in the Hudson Valley and those numbers are growing

2 Likes

@HibernatingBear throw @Coop in the chat!

I’m definitely game. Feel free to throw me in.

Whats up NLU fam? First time poster here. Avid hacker hailing from Summit, NJ. Always interested in meet ups and trying every course available in a 50 mile radius. Might be relying on simulators for the time being with all this ridiculous snow…

Hey Jack, welcome to our little slice of the world! You join us at an interesting time bc this NY crew is very organized and we now have a website and a large contingent that plays together a lot. We are planning big things for this year. Check out the below site and hit me up in DMs if you have questions or want to get me involved in our WhatsApp

1 Like

Welcome! I am in the Cold Spring area. Typically play McCann Memorial, Links at Unionvale and Casperkill. More then welcome to link up.

2 Likes

how do we get involved?

1 Like

The wife wants to spend some time up in the Catskills this summer, close to Woodstock. Any recommendations of courses I can sneak off to play up there?

Inness!! Brand new 9 hole course which is not even open yet. Used to be called Roundout and King-Collins redesigned it and considered Sweetens “back 9”. It’s in Accord which is about 30 mins from Woodstock. They’re going to be offering day passes there like they do at Sweetens

1 Like

Is it open yet?

It should be open by June. We’re planning a 40 person event there on June 25th

1 Like

Thinking about taking my oldest son to the city the second weekend of Jan for his 10th birthday.

I’ve been a few times, but wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations for where to stay in Manhattan.

I’ve done hotels via Priceline and VRBO, but open to other options or maybe deals I could be missing out.

Two views are to stay near Times Square/just south of Central Park or down south in the financial district to maybe get some weekend hotel deals.

First off, stay away from Times Square!! I get bringing your son there as part of the trip but I would spend as little time as possible there. Downtown is a great option. New York Marriott Downtown on West St (just below ground zero) is a solid hotel. If you plan on doing Statue of Liberty, ground zero, Wall Street etc., it’s perfect. Also a quick walk to a main subway hub at Fulton (brand new too) with easy access to anywhere from there.

3 Likes