Roll Call - Metro NYC

Sucks im out in Syracuse. Wish i was closer to the NYC contingent.

Iā€™ve mentioned this to @Cinnamon previously, but Iā€™ll be moving to Albany next summer for a stint and hope to get in a few rounds with fellow members during my time.

3 Likes

Weā€™ll have to have a weekend getaway to Turning Stone (wheels are churning in my head right now)

ā€¦ or you can meet us at the new Accord course thatā€™s somewhat closer

4 Likes

Did Turning Stone this past October for the first time, it will be an annual trip for me. So easy to get to and three really good courses.

Big vote for TS.

My buddy just got fitted for new irons there and received a bunch of credits for playing the courses. Going to hit it up in spring, but take advantage of the indoor dome this winter.

Iā€™d like to get involved

2 Likes

Think courses will be open this winter after this recent snowstorm?

Eventually, sure. Temps look pretty low for the next couple weeks, so the snow wonā€™t be melting anytime soon, unfortunately. But Rock Spring, E. Orange, Weequahicā€¦those at least should all open up once weather permits. Usually Hendricks is open all year, weather permitting, but they are doing a big renovation so theyā€™re now totally closed until July-ish.

Think some if not all NYC courses stay open, I know VC does

Hi all hope is well. Long time listener and nest member. Would love to play some golf with you all in the spring/ early winter if weather permits. Whats the best way of communication and linking up on the golf course? Really trying to get involved with Refuge in 2021. Currently living in the Upper East and always looking to play every weekend. My clubs are in CT but can get those very easily. Hope to meet some of you in 2021.

Cheers,
Michael

4 Likes

Hey everybody, Iā€™m new here to the nestā€¦ Iā€™m from Dutchess County and Iā€™m just verifying that this is my crew. So consider this my roll callā€¦ present :raising_hand_man:ā€¦ I guess thatā€™s all for now, see ya in the spring!

2 Likes

Welcome @CShell24 !! You found the right place and, if interested, you can also join the NYC Metro Chapter of the RACDG. If you donā€™t know what that is but youā€™re interested then hit me up in DMs.

Also, before we go any further you need to answer one question. If you get it wrong we canā€™t move forward:

Is Links at Unionvale the best course in the Hudson Valley?

1 Like

@HibernatingBear I will answer that question withā€¦ an excuse? I only played golf for about a year and a half before I moved down to Florida for about 6 1/2 yearsā€¦ Iā€™ve been back up here for about 4 now but life happened and I havenā€™t played much golf (my goal this year is to change that)ā€¦ so the one time I tried to get a tee time there last year they were booked up, but itā€™s definitely near the top of my list of courses to get to this yearā€¦
quietly prays I didnā€™t just poke the sleeping bear

1 Like

Thatā€™s an acceptable answer for now but the final answer will be a resounding YES (at least public course)

1 Like

Yeah I assumed the public part was a given, especially if you consider Westchester to be in the Hudson valley

Hey everybody!

Long time NLU fan but new to The Refuge, pumped to be here!

Just moved from the Jersey Shore to Hoboken, havenā€™t played in the area yet but hearing rumblings that Skyway dominates the public market, would love some other course recommendations as well.

Looking forward to being apart of this community, cheers!

@HibernatingBear

7ACC38B2-BCCE-44F9-A149-A0C47A606F00

1 Like

Welcome Ryan! We have a local Whats App chat if interested. Hit me up in DMs if you want to get involved and Iā€™ll give you more info.

If whatā€™s app is not for you weā€™ll definitely be posting all events we plan in here. Got some good events lined up for this year.

2 Likes

Would love to join as well. Just moved to NYC and joined the nest for this year. Pumped to be here!

1 Like

@HibernatingBear do the thang

1 Like