Roll Call - Metro NYC

That’s what I figured. Great tip about 48 hrs prior, I will be sure to check!

If you’re a single and have the whole day to kill just walk up at at like 7am. I bet you get your off before 11am

EDIT: they’re prob not doing walk ups these days huh?

I did walk up about 3 weeks ago. Parked at 4pm Saturday, off at 9am on Sunday with two others. Our 3rd was a single who parked at 4am.

They are! Go back to hibernating

3 Likes

Tee times open up the day before, especially during the week. If you’re a single, you’ll have some luck. Just keep checking randomly throughout the day.

Have already checked this morning and was able to move up in times a bit! This is my birthday present to myself, so just trying to play as many holes as possible. Thanks for your help!

2 Likes

@Derek_H check this page out for North Jersey games

Played my second round at Royce Brook yesterday and definitely one going to keep on my personal rota. Decent variety to keep it interesting, linksy holes, some parkland holes, some narrow fairways, some blind shots, greens roll nicely. Only complaint was the bunkers, was more of a reddish clay consistency than the nice sand they had last time and unfortunately found a lot of them

2 Likes

NYC Metro folks #getinvolved if you missed out!

1 Like

Anybody interested in a tee time at Bethpage Red on Saturday at 2:00pm? I have a reservation for 4 people, but I actually won’t be able to play that afternoon. If you are interested, let me know in the next day or so and I can coordinate to cancel the reservation at a specific time so you can swoop in and grab it.

New to the refuge here. Anyone in the Hudson county NJ area? Just joined Knoll West GC but interested in where else are good courses in the area? I’ve played Neshanic, Architects and the ones at Crystal Springs. Here are the others already on my list:

Heron Glen
Rock Spring
Francis Byrne
Suneagle

1 Like

Retweet

Also @Crawfobm25 (I believe) also just joined Knoll West. This list you got is pretty solid from the opinions expressed in our chat

Hey man just joined knoll west as well! I also have access to the Essex county courses (Byrne with 14 day advanced booking privs) let me know if you wanna get together and play at the knoll. I’ve got a 909 tee time next Saturday with @brutalbaum. Also playing this Saturday at 748 and there is one open slot if you’re interested

@dfay88

Just DMed you

1 Like

Galloping Hill and Green Knoll are good options too, but may be a bit of drive for you.

1 Like

Bundle up, B. Gonna be cooooooold tomorrow morning!!

1 Like

Fun round yesterday. Glad to have you at Knoll.

You inspired me to join these boards.

2 Likes

Suneagles has a very cool layout, but I left after 4 hours and 12 holes of golf. Heard they have 2 temp greens currently but I didn’t get to see them. Might be worth a second visit if I avoid going on a Saturday afternoon again.

Got to Bethpage for my 939 tee time on Green looking forward to 40 degrees and 40mph winds.

Turned out they were on a cold and wet weather delay and all tee times before 9am were cancelled, also no carts allowed (I was planning on walking anyway). I was able to snag the first tee time out at 903 and to my delight went out as a twosome with a friendly old guy playing his last round before hip replacement surgery.

I don’t think I’ve ever played in such windy conditions. Was truly electric. I hit some great shots playing the wind, including driving the green on the 12th, riding the left to right wind with a fade driver over the tree line (three putt for par) and also hit some of the most mega slices into the wind. It was an extra challenge to weigh the right to left break on a putt vs the left to right gale force winds. It was also an extra challenge to putt or tee off while leaves whirlwinded around the ball.

Was definitely the most brisk round at Bethpage green for me, we finished in about 3 hours and 20 minutes, barely saw another group the whole morning. I had nine greens in regulation but zero birdies and shot 87…quads on the 4th and 17th hurt bad. I also split a chrome soft in half with my three wood on the ninth hole, after crushing a weird sounding 190 yard drive.

Bethpage is so pure and only a few other courses (such as Rock Spring) give me the same vibes.

7 Likes

Played on Sunday and my buddy whined the whole time about me booking a tee time in 40 degree weather with 15mph winds. He probably would have had me murdered if I tried to get him to play today. Props to you for playing today, it was nippyyyyyy.

2 Likes