Roll Call - Metro NYC

Well that’s great! (No it’s not actually great)

1 Like

a number of these services say this. my guess is if you take the time to apply for membership & talk to them, they’ll divulge the current club list. and i’m sure if you wait long enough, said club list will end up on the internet in due time, as they always do in the netherwebs of golf forums.

1 Like

So many different WhatsApp groups!

Guess we need someone to go in with Mission Impossible recording glasses and get The List

1 Like

Hey all! Native Hoboken’er that moved to China last year that has returned due to Coronavirus. Looking to get a few games while I’m home! (Hopefull not for too long!)

3 Likes

Played Flushing Meadows Pitch n Putt yesterday… just love the vibe there. So fun to try rattle off as many birdies as you can with a backpack full of beers and a speaker. Even though there a few holes that are completely forgettable, I could easily play there once a week.

Would people here be interested in doing a week-night meetup or league when the weather warms a bit and they put the lights on? Would be great to get the competitive juices flowing and get the wedges dialed in

4 Likes

Love this idea actually. I hadn’t realized that they had lights there until recently but this summer I’m planning on getting out at night to get the wedges dialed.

2 Likes

Howdy! Bronx born, suburbs raised here moving back to NY for work (once COVID lockdowns end). Just joined the refuge hoping to #getinvolved in some games once I’m officially back!

3 Likes

Please see below for update on Rock Spring event.

2 Likes

New to the Refuge, but excited to get things going. I live in NYC but am a member at a club in CT. Would love to play some rounds at BP/Flushing Meadows and the Rock Spring event when everything blows over.

Quick bio; lefty, low/mid single dig cap, casual and fun rounds are appreciated

3 Likes

DM has been sent my man… you’re very much welcome and look forward to meeting up !

As always, anyone who wants to get involved in the NYC Metro chat just shoot me a DM

1 Like

Hey, also new here although been a big fan of the NLU content for a year or so. Relatively new to NYC, living in Manhattan, but extremely keen to play anywhere pretty much. Hit Bethpage a fair amount prior to Christmas, as well as a couple of other courses on LI.

Would love to get in on the NYC metro chat and anything else that might be going on.

Mid to high teen handicap.

4 Likes

Hey everyone — new to the refuge and looking to get involved here. I live in NYC and will look to play wherever/whenever I can but have mostly done Essex County or LI.

Look forward to chatting and playing with everyone once we get let out of our cages.

4 Likes

Cc: @HibernatingBear

1 Like

How’s everyone dealing with quarantine? I’m losing my mind.

1 Like

Definitely going stir crazy. Snuck on course yesterday and made it a couple hours before being literally ejected.

Welcome rocket! Bunch of similar folks here play Bethpage or rock spring.

1 Like

Took my son on a beach hike today in Southampton, and stopped to see an “old friend”:

It was weird to drive through Shinnecock, Southampton GC, and National completely empty on a very playable Easter day…

Keep the faith!

9 Likes

I just keep staring out the window, looking at beautiful or at least playable days outside. Can’t wait to get out. Let’s plan on getting some tee times somewhere when things open up - something to look forward to.

Agreed. I have a 7 week old baby at home, and haven’t been able to take advantage of the nice weather. I booked 9 holes for this morning at Bethpage a few days ago, only to find out all courses were closed.

1 Like