Refuge Meetup (NYC) @ Rock Spring - 10/24 (tee times begin at 11am)

I think you meant “the big apple”. I hear that’s what the locals call it!

First post in a while for a long time lurker here. Would love to be a part of this if it is still scheduled, due to the current events. Rock Spring has essentially become my home course since they went public last year, figured there was no better place to #getinvolved with the refuge!

Awesome, good to have you @privacy! I haven’t officially cancelled/postponed it yet but it’s pretty much a guarantee that it will not happen in May.

With that said, there is a HUGE contingent here that loves Rock Spring and plays there as much as possible. Not sure if you’ve seen the RACDG thread yet but feel free to DM me and I can add you to the what’s app for the NYC Metro chapter and give you other details

@HibernatingBear great! thanks for all the extra info–looking forward to getting out there once these restrictions are lifted!

We’ll be back with a vengeance

EscapefromNYposter

2 Likes

All, it goes without saying but due to our current situation with COVID19, this event is officially postponed until further notice. We’re working with the TOUR, PGA, USGA, Augusta and the R&A to determine a schedule that works for all parties. Please be advised we have our best men on the case and hope to have answers soon. In the meantime, all the best to you and your family during these difficult times and be safe, stay home!!

12 Likes

Hopefully this can hold us over until the meetup–the course will be ready for us!

4 Likes

Super late to the party here - can I add myself to the google doc for when it does come back/gets scheduled?

2 Likes

Absolutely! We’re thinking of scheduling this for some time in October at this point but still up in the air

4 Likes

Great - looking forward to it!

If there are other meetups in the area I’m down as well (even if not as big). I’ll also DM you about this Whatsapp group everyone talks about.

2 Likes

Fellow Refugees, we are moving forward with out postponed event from the Spring. We have locked down dates at Rock Spring (NYC Metro’s spiritual home) for October 24th and 25th.

Many more details to come but I ask of you for now that you please update the below google doc with your availability for that weekend. For those that are unavailable I ask that you either remove yourself or state that you’re unavailable. We are also still welcoming newcomers so please feel free to add yourself to the list.

I hope to have further updates in the coming weeks.

11 Likes

@Coop leggooooo

1 Like

LfGggggggg

Sweet can’t wait!

1 Like

Just for further clarity, this may not be a 2 day event. Dependent on a few factors, including people’s availability for those days, we may make the “official” event one day but I’m also willing to inquire about blocking off times both days if there’s enough interest, with the other day being a casual outing.

3 Likes

Very in for a casual second round at either glorious Rock Spring or elsewhere.

If I travel out for this would I have to quarantine at Rock Spring for 2 weeks?

Current naughty list:

• Alabama
  • Arkansas
  • California
  • Florida
  • Georgia
  • Guam
  • Hawaii
  • Idaho
  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Iowa