Roll Call - Metro NYC

Signed up

Thanks for coordinating! Sounds awesome

A Raynor track too. Strong opening. Very strong.

5 Likes

What until you see what else I have up my sleeve Your Grace.

3 Likes

1 Like

I’m in. Nice work on this Chris.

1 Like

In.

Sorry if this was posted earlier, can’t seem to find it -

Joined the MGA e-club yesterday and when I received the confirmation email, my GHIN # was blank.

I sent them an email but haven’t heard back yet. I assume this has to do with the WHS migration but I figured it’d be ironed out by now.

Anyone have a similar issue?

Won’t be able to make this one but am definitely looking forward to #gettinginvolved with future events and meeting everyone

1 Like

Sounds awesome, count me in

All, first of all thank you all that have already committed. We already at 26 less than 3 days in (and we should have 27 but @MerchCzar hasn’t added his name. Follow the TC Way Neil and don’t be scummy :wink:) and it’s making me realize how passionate the NY metropolitan area is about golf.

Secondly, the Refuge has proven to be a place that thrives on causes and I’ve decided we’re going to piggy back the Detroit event and try to raise money and/or awareness for @tchap80 and his family. Max (Todd’s son) came to my attention when Todd and I became friends on Instagram and, as a father of 3, it hit me hard. I reached out to Todd immediately to figure out a way to help. After the amazing Stella event I was so happy to see the Detroit event started to help Max. Since our event will only be 2 weeks later I hope we can do our small part in raising awareness and helping Todd, Max, his family and the cause. Below is the link to GFPD but more to come on how to directly help.

(Note: by no means will coming to this event obligate you to donate. I realize the greens fee is not cheap, any charity donations will be appreciated but not expected)

6 Likes

Is there still a spot. If so I’m in

Edit: think I got it. My old spot can’t wait

2 Likes

Has anybody started a WhatsApp thread with the NYC Refuge folks? Interested in starting a WhatsApp chat thread.

We have one in conjunction with the RACDG. I’ll DM you with the info

Can I get in on that too? Thanks

I’ve always considered the 9th hole on Blue to be one of the weakest holes in property. It seems they removed the tree on the right side of the fairway. In my opinion, this drastically improves the hole.

3 Likes

Westchester Hills Golf Club in White Plains offers a good membership rate for your age.

Agreed!

Anyone hear about this? https://www.mgsc.club/index.html

Purporting to let you book tee times at the notable private clubs in the area at their guest rate (possibly negotiated). I’m intrigued but have to wonder how many tee times are actually made available to the more premier clubs. I went to HS with one of the people involved, will probably reach out to him to try and get some more info. I’m already a member at a club in the area (NJ) so this is a no from me for now but I’ll be interested to see what it turns into.

Have never heard of it. Seems somewhat similar to Eligo: http://www.eligoclub.com/

Eligo has a NY arm where golfers working in NYC join for social events, golf tournaments, and have access to clubs all over the US. The Eligo guys are fantastic and I’ve played as a guest in a few of their tournaments - fun atmosphere, non-pretentious. Anyone members of Eligo or know any members?