Roll Call - Metro NYC

or you could invest in opening our own with me!

State resident, frequent bethpage player, with a car in brooklyn here - so yeah just let me know what days work and I will try to grab a time, but will only know a week in advance as thats the max for those in the system.

1 Like

5i member here, happy to reserve a time and have you guys over to check it out - I try to go twice a week, mornings, or even lunch hour as my work schedule is flexible these days

Fellow Williamsburg resident with a car here, who played bethpage at least once a week at the ass crack on weekdays, and a handful of twilight rounds at ferry point (politics aside) which is worth it if you go and use the included practice area for a bit prior to the round. I am always up for playing with another Refuge member - a bit more complicated this year as we have two kids now… but trying to not let it get in the way.

1 Like

which location do you go to?

flatiron

Awesome, thanks. Will check back in with you closer to time. Looking forward to it.

sure thing, look forward to it

Great! My username is my name, so I should be easy to find. I do pay by the hour at a 30% discount. Will definitely take you up on that offer sometime.

@CF_Frost when do you get in that week? Two things:

1. Neil is having an NIT event at Flushing Meadows pitch and putt that Wednesday night
  2. As captain of the NYC Metro sub-chapter of the RACDG I’m hoping to do an outing that day at Bethpage Red and then we can head over to Queens together.

For anyone else reading this, point 2 is still very much in the early stages but I will post here once I have any details to provide.

10 Likes

I appreciate the invite but don’t know if I can dedicate that much time to golf during this trip unfortunately. Me and my long time girlfriend are going up that week to catch a round at the US Open and spend some time with her best friend who lives there, but I have tentative plans for us to return with her being more than just my girlfriend. I am worried I am kind of pushing the envelope a bit with both catching a round at Winged Foot with her and trying to squeeze in a round at Bethpage but over the past few years I have also set the bar low enough to pull that off. I would really like to try to hit the black course while I’m there, as I am unsure when I would have that opportunity again (and an a bag tag Barry roast me accordingly).

3 Likes

Oh baby, good luck and let me be the first to say congrats :grinning:

Also, you can hit me up too about playing black. I grew up out there and have probably played the Black 50+ times (currently live north of the city but might be willing to make the trip)

Much appreciated. We are coming in that Tuesday early and I was thinking about doing tourist stuff that day, Bethpage that Wednesday, catch a round at Winged Foot the next day, and then the rest of the festivities on Friday and Saturday so Wednesday would be the only day I have selfishly committed to golf. Would love to play with any refugees. I am also begging for a ruling from the refuge that it is ok for me to play golf one of these days.

1 Like

For future reference if anybody is getting a group together to play Black anytime this year with an actual tee time I’d love to join up. Never played it. Live out in NJ now.

1 Like

Love that idea. Definitely will keep an eye out for more details. I’ve never played Red but have heard great things.

1 Like

Count me in on this too

If she gets a diamond, you can have a round of golf. Approved.

3 Likes

I have cleared the round with her best friend. Let’s go launch 'em.

1 Like

I will come back and post times I can snag on black throughout the season. I usually try to play early as hell Tuesday’s and Thursday’s, for those interested.

1 Like

Yeah red is great especially after some tee box and green adjustments during the PGA shutdown - plays over 7,100 from the tips now! Always up for a round on red during the week