Roll Call - Metro NYC

Would love to open a simulator bar in Hoboken/J.C… Investors? Possibly YOU!!

5 Likes

went on Sunday night. off-peak pricing + chill vibe (given it was 8pm) was a winning combo. Thinking about the membership but, realistically, the only off-peak time available for me would be sundays after 8pm and maybe some random mornings (although the showers and club storage would help). The 20% off on peak rentals doesn’t add much value IMO. thoughts?

Yeah, if you can’t go in the mornings when it is free, it may not be worth it. I go almost every day so I get a ton of use for my dollars.

Also 5i does not have private rooms or trackman (men?)

Plus the logo is sick and completely original

1 Like

161154turn

hmmm

2 Likes

Nope… But it’s a <10min walk from my place ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

you should just do it. It’s definitely fun

1 Like

went to the turn this morning, awesome experience. I dont think ill do a membership because once it hits mid march my sticks will stay at my club in CT, but i see myself going once a week before work for sure.

1 Like

I was there this morning, from around 9 am to 10 lol

you probably would not have seen me since I was hiding in a private room

Also this offer is open to everyone–I am always looking for people to go with in the mornings

I can film your swing and it keeps me accountable, because on several occasions I missed my time slots when I overslept

3 Likes

hah i was there 830-930, in the sim adjacent to the front desk, sort of… had a great time. 20 minutes on the range, 9 at sweetens and 9 at sebonak

1 Like

you may have been on the other side of a wall haha

2 Likes

5iron golf is pretty chill but also no trackman so less data for sure. I might get a 10 session pass to golf manhattan as it looks like that lowers the price to $57 per hour.

Also as a random sidnote, does anyone know how the qualifying rounds work for MET events? Looks like some decent courses available to play. Is it low x number of people from each qualifier makes the event? Do you pay for the qualifier AND the tournament or just one and if you don’t make it you’re out the money?

1 Like

They have sweetens? @Zocco mediator we need to play that

1 Like

I haven’t even looked at their courses LOL, I’ve been so laser focused. …I’m going to go play some sweetens tomorrow then !

NGLA - Shinnecock combo would be a nice morning

Yeah it was awesome, trackman simulator golf is bar none the best, the ball rolled all over and you can even pick the green stimp to the number. crazy good

1 Like

did a Met am qualifier two years ago, each location takes a different number i think based on field size, i believe its one payment total

I’ve done a few of the MGA qualifiers. Varies by tournament, you can see historic qualifying scores for the last few years on MGA site if you want a better idea of what scores get through (happy to talk you through how my 83 at mid am last year was just a blip…)

They are fun events, good way to get the competitive juices flowing, play some decent courses in good shape and play with some good sticks. Qualified for the fourball one year and I don’t believe we paid extra for the tournament itself.

2 Likes

First time posting - long time NLU fan, but had never been able to carve out time to dig into the Refuge until recently. Moved to Brooklyn 18 months ago from DC. Have played a bunch of the NYC tracks - Marine Park, Dyker, Pelham, Clearview. Looking forward to getting out more this year and would love to connect with Refugees for meetups or rounds.

@HibernatingBear I saw you mentioned being open to talking about Knollwood. If you don’t mind I’ll shoot you a message. I’m trying to figure out if there’s a way to avoid the 5/5.5 hour round on weekends, while balancing the drive from Brooklyn and the fact I have a young kid. Tough scene.

@Zocco I’ll shoot you a note as well. Would be interested in some simulator meet ups. Major cabin fever here and can’t wait to get the season going. Tougher scene.

7 Likes