Roll Call - Metro NYC

Glenwood Country Club is an option if what you want is a golf course which is private, and for cheap. It’s in Old Bridge, NJ, so about 50 min-1hr driving from Manhattan.

Course is fine to good. Stretches to 7,000 yards if that’s your thing. Conditions are typically a step above the publics in the area. Clubhouse consists of an old locker room, small pro shop and a grill/bar that is more Blue Collar bowling alley than private Country Club. Grass range, smallish chipping/short game area.

$1,850 for the year for ages 21-35 per their website. That’s actually gone up recently. They used to have a sub-25 yr old category for like $1100. No dues, no minimums. Locker rental is an additional fee.

1 Like

Does this type of summer/limited membership only exist for under 35s? (I’m 38). Because I’d certainly be interested if westchester/Connecticut located.

Apologies if bad ask–know nothing about country clubs.

1 Like

My club doesn’t do “summer memberships” but they do one or two month trials which are open to anyone. I’m not sure how much those trials cost but I can definitely ask.

No, definitely not. Usually just a trial and if people like you you get invited to join for a full membership. But I doubt you can just do yearly summer memberships

Jersey City here, just joined:

1. People are forgetting that although Francis Byrnes does not have booze they randomly sell buffalo wings at the halfway shack.
  2. East Orange and Ash brook would be nice if they could every drain (both new clubhouses)
  3. Galloping a legit course but weekends are owned by leagues
  4. Don’t sleep on Architects GC (although a bit of a drive)
  5. Find me mostly at Skyway, Weequahic, Byrnes, Gallop
1 Like

Welcome! Pop over to the RACDG thread and join the Northeast contingent. We have a very active What’s App chat and there is some major love for some of the courses you mentioned. You’ll fit right in

3 Likes

Didn’t think so, but figured worth a shot. Appreciate the answer.

Thanks–appreciate the offer, but don’t worry about it.

little overpriced for what you get but Hyatt is legit. Has the 2 flag spots so you can loop it for 18 too. I feel like every time I go there the restaurant has a new name and theme though. Always hit my Icarito at the water carry par 3.

Live on UES in Manhattan but member at a club in new haven CT, go up friday-sunday spring summer and fall.

would love to find some people in the city to play indoors at five iron or similar places during the winter.

1 Like

@Zocco is your gui for sim golf

FTFY

2 Likes

Going to Five Iron fidi on Sunday for the first time. It’s pretty close from my apartment and more enticing than $50 buckets at Chelsea Piers

2 Likes

You are welcome to come to any of my morning sessions at golf Manhattan / the turn. It’s on 39th and broadway. Just slide into the DMs whenever

They have all trackman sims and you get 2 hours of off peak every day for 200/mo. I use it like crazy. It’s a good deal IMO. Also they have private rooms.

No bar or food yet though, but I am told “soon”

I was at the FiDi 5i last night with a few other refugees. That place is sick AF for sure.

2 Likes

Oohhh that’s tempting! What’s the vibe like at five iron? Hoping that late night on Sundays will be quietish

I’ve only been there once, yesterday.

There was a ladies golf event going on at the same time, so there were about 150 ladies women there outnumbering guys easily 10 to 1. It was pretty much a bar scene type thing, but it was fun.

I’m not sure what normal nights are like, but I think they always have events.

2 Likes

That was the greuter golf meet up. It’s a pretty cool movement to get women interested in golf.

2 Likes

this is right near my office in bryant park and a coworker told me about it. definitely going to check it out.

1 Like

keep getting ads for Loft Links that it is opening on the UES soon. moving to the UES next month so definitely gonna try to check that out.

3 Likes

I live here now, havent heard about this. looking it up now