Roll Call: Memphis 10

I’m on the building committee for this project. They almost have all the shaping done.

4 Likes

Would be a great refuge meetup/tournament spot when it’s done.

3 Likes

Whats the level of chaos with the bridge right now?

1 Like

Luckily you can get to the 240 loop from the old bridge but glad I’m not driving an 18 wheeler between that and the pipeline

Just saw that the chief engineer mentioned it could be months before it is open to full traffic. It is going to be a nightmare going back and forth. Luckily I don’t have to cross that bridge.

1 Like

What’s up Memphis.

I am going to the WGC next week and looking for a public course to play.

Happy to drive a little and pay a little for somewhere fun/nice.

Just from google, I am looking at North Creek Golf Club, Mirimichi, and Tunica National.

I am open to suggestions, let me know what you guys recommend.

1 Like

Of those three I would recommend Mirimichi or Tunica National. Depending on where you are staying, Mirimichi is probably the best/most convenient.

Will be at WGC as well with my bro. We are hitting up Cherokee Valley on Friday afternoon and hitting the tourney Sat. As @Webber stated, you’ll be better off hitting either Tunica National or Mirimichi. I haven’t played either in a while but both were fun. They are on 2 opposite sides of Memphis tho so I guess it just depends on where you are at.

1 Like

If you are trying to play in the morning before a round I would recommend Mirimichi, you can take interstate basically the whole way from there back to TPC. Tunica is further out of the way than you think.

1 Like

Have you considered Covington Country Club??? @Big_Right_Miss could hook it up…
Enjoy the WGC Swamp ass Invitational Presented by Initech!

1 Like

Like @Webber said, Mirimichi would probably be the best option of the 3 you’re looking at. I have heard good things about Fair Oaks out in Oakland TN, although I’ve never played there. Just a quick lookup and they are both 40 minutes from TPC Southwind.

Oakland is WAY the hell out there and about a 75% you get a $200 speeding ticket on the way out there.

If you have listened to the Nov. pod you probably have heard about the new “Roost” system that has been rolled out. This got posted in the MS Roll Call. If you are interested in being apart put your info down in the doc below.

1 Like

Heading to Memphis for a bachelor party during Memphis in May, and was looking for some recommendations on where to play golf for 16 people. We are all about bogey golfers, looking to spend around $75 for a round on a Friday. We are staying near Beale Street but will have cars to get around. Looking to have a fun & boozy round at a cool public course. This was the only Memphis thread I could find on here, so hopefully I am posting in the right spot.

check out Mirimichi

2 Likes

The King Collins renovation at Overton Park will be opened by then. Would be a great casual round (its only about 2500 yards) in a great part of town. It is right next to Overton Square which has a ton of great food, good music and bars.

I think they posted this week that the opening date will be June 1

1 Like

I would go Mirimichi as well. It’s about 20 minutes from downtown. If the Overton park 9 opens before June 1, I would go that route

3 Likes

Mirimichi is exactly what I was looking for. It surprisingly did not come up in any of my google searches so I am glad I ask. Thanks everyone!

1 Like

Memphis checking in here

1 Like