Roll Call: Memphis 10

How was the Super? Wanted to go but couldn’t make it happen.

Mirimichi was the first that came to mind, but open to anything!

Here in the not so distant future, Overton Park is going to become the best little course around…plans to renovate

1 Like

Mirimichi sounds good to me. Its been a few years since I played there but I loved it. I’ve only played Overton Park once and didnt enjoy it at all. Every green was like hitting it on pavement. I had multiple shots that when they hit the green, bounced higher than the flag stick and flew right off the green. Haven’t been back since lol.

Oh yea its not good at all, but a well known architect that is a friend of NLU is looking at completely redoing it.

Mirimichi would be the place to do a meet up.

1 Like

I know @littleCoreyPavin would be interested in a meetup there. One of his favorite courses.

2 Likes

Great swimming hole on 18

2 Likes

Looks like King-Collins is redoing Overton Park 9 hole course. CANT WAIT for this to be done.

5 Likes

Glad this is public knowledge, I’ve been involved with the planning. Going to be an awesome project.

2 Likes

Hi fellas, I haven’t posted on here in ages, but I live in LA currently. From Memphis originally. Will be in town for the two weeks leading up to Christmas, and would love to get out with some Refuge folks while I’m in town.

@BogeyTrain my dad is a member at OBCC actually, and that’s usually where I play when I’m in town, just because the membership covers the cost.

1 Like

Very cool, would love to get out and play some when you are in town. I was at OBCC last week and course is in really good shape.

1 Like

What’s up everyone. Native Memphian here but living in NOLA. If any refuge rounds get planned the between the 20th of Dec. and the 26th, let me know!

I’ll be in town for the holidays and down to play wherever!

2 Likes

Yeah I was in town a few weeks before Thanksgiving and couldn’t agree more. Forgot to post in the refuge for that trip haha.

I am down to play the weekend before Christmas if anyone is interested.

Mirimichi has a solid deal for next year. 5 rounds for $152.

Anyone want to play Tuesday afternoon? I’m thinking a noon tee time somewhere? If not, I’m open Wednesday too but weather looks pretty shitty

@BogeyTrain @Big_Right_Miss Anyone want to get out this afternoon? I’m going to play Mirimichi (but open to changing) at noon.

Looks like the last chance for over 50 degree golf this year.

Love Cherokee there are also Wedgewood and Timber Truss if you’re looking for some additional courses.

1 Like

@jcw1993 Appreciate the invite! I am actualy taking my little girl up to OBCC today. She has been wanting to go play for a while. Hit em straight!

I wish, unfortunately I’m working today. Off tomorrow but like you said, weather looks awful. Next time you’re in town, let me know. I’ll be glad to get out and play.

1 Like

Podcast from @LyingFour with Rob about Overton Park

5 Likes