Roll Call - Melbourne golfers!

Could very well be interested. What time are you thinking?

1 Like

No later than 7, probably their first tee time at 6:38. Will need to get a hire car back to the city by 1 then head to the airport so a bit limited with time.

Ah ok then! Probably won’t be able to make it that early unfortunately. It’s a great course though, enjoy it!

Haha don’t blame ya :+1:t3:

Subject to traffic, the timing should work fine. My dad and I tee’d off at 6.45 am the other week and were back in the centre of town by 11.30 am.

1 Like

Hey Gents headed into Melbourne for a week or two on Friday the 17th of January looking to play as much golf as possible but looking for a good beach neighborhood yall would recommend thats a good locale for ubers to the courses I have a round at RMW and Kingston Heath so far but want to go down to St. Andrews and the Dunes for sure! Really excited to see the city and your amazing golf. Let me know if you have any recommendations or wanna chase it.

1 Like

Hey mate, my recommendation would be to get an AirBnB somewhere around Rosebud. It’s close to the beach, then also close to The Dunes, St Andrews BEach, Moonah Links and only a 30 minute drive to Kingston Heath etc.

2 Likes

Has anyone been following what OCM are doing at Point Lonsdale?:

Membership is currently discounted due to the rebuild. I might just join.

The teaser vid looks gooood

@MatthewM I saw this on Twitter. I hope you don’t mind if I publish it here:

3 Likes

Great idea! Promises to be a fantastic day. The course will be in pure shape.

2 Likes

Update time. Looking to get flights booked over the next few days - they are stupid cheap at the moment.

Draft dates are arrive afternoon of Thursday 8th then have the following seven days available for golf. My other half will be joining me the following Thursday and we will be heading out to the Yarra for partner-approved activities (read: getting shitfaced at wineries and distilleries). Back to NZ on the 19th or 20th, so any potential ANZAC event / NIT qualifier (ha!) would need to be that first weekend.

It’s the thick end of nine months away but I’m already excited…

2 Likes

Any rounds going at Royal Melbourne soon Matt?! Would love to check the place out!

Pretty sure all my leave is gona be gone by October. Only chance would be to do a redeye flight Thursday 8th & leave Sunday 11th around 7pm, meaning i’d only have to miss one day of work.

Ah that’s tough. I can’t really get away with any earlier in the year - but that’s not to say that this (or something similar) shouldn’t become an annual thing…

1 Like

Look, i’m not totally ruling it out as the wife may be away then so it’ll only be me flying on points… just depends on whether a) the golf is gona be possible with it being a weekend (I assume that’ll be tough on the private courses?) and b) I can possibly hide the trip from her, haha.

Travel is booked - arrive late afternoon on the 8th and will have six full days of golf before the other half turns up early on the 15th. I haven’t locked anything in at this point, but have reciprocals at:
RM*
Yarra Yarra
Peninsula Kingswood
Victoria*
Metro*
Commonwealth*
Barwon Heads
Sorrento

*definitely want to play - so would appreciate guidance on the rest! Also potentially keen for St Andrews Beach - could be a good venue for a meetup? I’ll have a car.

1 Like

That’s a hell of a list! I’ve played Yarra Yarra and it’s awesome, St Andrews Beach also. The others are a little tougher for locals to get on, but I’d love to have a round on each of them. Could definitely meet up at SAB.

No worries - yeah, I’m very fortunate with that list. But I’m equally keen to play with anyone and everyone, so would definitely sacrifice a round at one of the above if it meant a good time with a bunch of sickos somewhere else.

2 Likes

Just played RMW,Vic,Metro,PK,KH last week.

PK is an absolute must play and if you can stay on site…entire club is world class.
RM golf course was so much fun and a must play
Vic and Metro are just amazing sandbelt tracks and clubs
KH you should try to get on they host if you do an international request. This place is a top 20 in the world for a reason just a fun routing and exceptional golf hole after hole

Don’t think you can go wrong with much on your list but the 5 I played were world class and special experiences with different vibes at each.

Have fun and enjoy Melbourne its a world class city with some of the best golf in the world

:v:

6 Likes