Roll Call - Melbourne golfers!

I was thinking of suggesting an ANZAC RACDG event at some point, can’t let the yanks have all the fun…could be a convenient way to get that ball rolling?

9 Likes

I’ll be around so definitely keep us all posted!

1 Like

I’m sure Tara Iti will let us book the day out & give us a beer tab like Avon Fields did in Cincinnati, right?

5 Likes

Hi all,

I will be coming out to Melbourne for a couple of months starting at the end of January. Planning to stay in town for a few months find some temporary IT work and ride out the winter back here in Ireland.

I’m hoping to bring the clubs also and play as much as possible when I’m there.

Looking forward to it

J

1 Like

EAL and Random Golf Club at Royal Park this Friday afternoon. Hope to see some other refugees there.

2 Likes

What time!? I’ll definitely come down!

What timing on this thread! Been reading through here for all AUS ideas last mo.

Anyone around Dec 22, 23 or 24? Have a very small window (on honeymoon from New York) to get a round in while in Melbourne. Spending 3 weeks b/w AUS/NZ and only round I have planned is at Hamilton Island GC on Dent Island (while my wife can spend an afternoon at the spa/beach). Feel like I’ll be sorry to have not played in/near Melbourne if I can swing it…

posted 54 rounds this year, 7.8hcp, 31yrs…

1 Like

Anzac meet up and comp would be amazing :ok_hand:

I played with my Dad at St Andrews Beach this morning. We tee’d off at 6.50 am and played in lovely cool weather for the first 12 holes. Then it started to heat up. The course is in fantastic shape and is playing wonderfully firm.

Photos here:

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/photo-gallery-share-your-golf-photos-here/2666/1261

3 Likes

Hi all

I’m a new NLU convert after finding their Tourist Sauce videos and now am a huge fan of the podcasts as well.
I’m a member at the National and would be happy to host at some stage.

JC

6 Likes

Hey Jonathan, welcome mate. How’s the new Doak Gunnamatta course? Can’t wait to play it.

I am a huge fan - it’s just a fun course to play, challenging without murdering you like the Old course can.

2 Likes

Welcome Jonathan, would absolutely love a game over at National!

Always happy to meet a fellow NLU fan, it’s been good content for a number of years now, seems to be getting better too.

Played “The Dunes” this morning for the first time. Loved it. I reckon it has the edge over St Andrews Beach, but not by much.

Photos here:

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/photo-gallery-share-your-golf-photos-here/2666/1291

2 Likes

We will have to organise a game in the new year!

1 Like

Sounds fantastic to me!

Hi all.

I’ve recently moved out to Melbourne from London. 28, currently playing off 12(ish) and very keen to get out and play the courses around here with some like minded people. Have only played at Albert Park and Brighton so far, so very keen to play other courses! Always game for beers post round as well.

If anyone is keen for a round on 10th January (timing flexible), then let me know!

Hinesh

Hi all. I am traveling through Melbourne next week and have a tee time at Royal Melbourne. Does anyone have any knowledge of how strict they are re handicaps? I’m not currently a member of any club, so don’t have an official handicap, not sure if this will be a problem? Any info welcome, thanks.

I might head down to St Andrews Beach for a round early morning Monday, anyone free?

1 Like