Roll Call - Melbourne golfers!

8th of what month are we talking about?

@sliceroulette skip Commonwealth altogether and mark PK as a must play (keep in mind there are 2 courses at PK and they are both awesome).

Drop Sorrento from the list - if you are going down to the Mornington Peninsula, you’re far better off playing StAB, The Dunes, or any of the National courses.

If you are going to the Bellarine Peninsula to play Barwon Heads, also schedule a hit at 13th Beach (Beach Course).

Also, don’t forget about RM East. It is a better course than most of your list and simply suffers as a result of not being RM West.

And steer clear of Victoria Bitter beer unless desperate.

5 Likes

Hey all, I just landed in Melbourne, anyone around for a knock on Friday. Haven’t played in a month and would love to knock the dust off somewhere cheap and cheerful.

Jamie

Cheers all, great intel. This isn’t until October but given it’s a 40th present to myself I’m keen to get it right.
I’ve been to Melbourne a number of times (but not for golf) and it’s always been brilliant - and yes, I’ll definitely be steering well clear of dirty old VB! Moondog will be much more my scene!

1 Like

I haven’t played much in Melbourne but can now vouch for St Andrews Beach, definitely worth a round!

and I may have had a few VB’s tonight, it’s not that bad.

@oldmannoodles advice is :100:

If you do decide to look at alternative Mornington Peninsula courses I’d be more than happy to host you at the National.

3 Likes

Whenever you feel like hosting other locals let me know! Would love a round around The National!

1 Like

Absolutely - worth rounding up a couple of others and making it a 4? Does March work for you? Would most likely need to be a Sunday

1 Like

I’m mostly a lurker on the refuge, but sometimes you have to pop your head up. Never seen an offer for a chance to play any National courses…I’d stake a spot in the line if the date worked. Junior footy starts in April, so March would work.

1 Like

Done - 1 spot left

2 Likes

March will work just fine!!

15th and 22nd are no good for me, off to Europe for the week. If they are the best days for you guys though, all good will join next time.

@Bigbad @WhackDaddy does the 8th work for you both?

8th works for me!

8th should be good, will confirm with the boss ASAP

8th works!

Are you looking to do hotels/Airbnb in Melbourne, or do you have family/friends you’ll be staying with? Have found a decent deal on flights, but trying to figure out best way of doing accommodation, too. Wife is away for work & taking bub, so as long as I can wangle Friday & Monday off work, this could be a goer.

Sweet! I hear there’s a lot of sickness going around at that time of year…be a shame if you started feeling shitty on Wednesday, powered through Thursday morning like a trooper then had to “take the weekend to sort myself out”.

I’ll probably post up in some fleapit in the Beaumaris/Mentone area for a few nights. It’s Sandbelt Central and ~1h to St Andrews Beach.

More than happy to share a place - was thinking Quest or something similar rather than Airbnb since it’s just me for most of it.

1 Like

That WOULD be extremely unfortunate. Especially if there was a flight Thursday afternoon… :thinking:

Will have a look around that area then, and wait to see if any others show some interest in this. If I get the flights squared away, accom can be sorted closer to the time. Spending your 40th in “some fleapit in the Beaumaris/Mentone area” is sick.

1 Like