Roll Call: Massachusetts

OTOH, doesn’t look like you need to bring more than 1 ball to the course

1 Like

Exciting news out of the International. I know they’ve had family problems and finally gave up the tracks, but a pleasant surprise: Coore & Crenshaw to Redesign The International's Pines Course - The Fried Egg

2 Likes

Have any south shore folks heard talk that Indian Pond CC in Kingston has eliminated its initiation fee and is only $3,000/year now? A former member mentioned it yesterday. That’s a beautiful course and would be a major bargain at that price.

Yes, know if two people that have signed up at those terms

Thanks. I’m going to have to check that out. Do you know whether that’s for individual or family?

Both are the only golfers in their respective familes, so presume the former.

1 Like

Hey all, hoping some folks have suggestions on courses that are now open in Western MA, specifically along the 91 corridor. I live in SW New Hampshire and my home course, Hooper GC, and most other courses in the area aren’t likely to be open for another week or two.
Not really looking to play some world class course, mostly just want to get out and play. Thanks.

2 Likes

MassGolf has a running list of courses that have opened for the season. I suspect it’s not entirely up to date but is a good starting point

Got 2 1 spot open Friday at 12:00 at DW Field if anyone is around.

1 Like

Cool, thanks, that’s very convenient.

Greetings from the Mass. Ct line close to the birthplace of basketball, double vaxxed and looking to get to the Cape in late April for a weekend, has anyone played the monster course in New Seabury since they did some work on it at the end of 19? Also reaching out to see if there are any other tracks out there that are enjoyable and we can get on, we have done Pinehills and Waverly Oaks coming in before and we have done the usual circuit of Captains, Dennis Pines, Olde Barnstable as well. Thks everyone.

4 Likes

Westover cc, of the Ludlow pike exit in Western Ma. is open and in decent shape considering, fun layout.

2 Likes

NIT qualifier in MA in August.

10 Likes

Highland Links is a must play in Truro. It is one of 4 true links courses in the US with the other three being at Bandon.

4 Likes

I like that, can’t afford 300 to walk Bandon so this is a great option, thks!

1 Like

I thoroughly enjoy Cape Cod Country Club in Falmouth. Easy to get on and I think it’s one of the best value courses in all of MA. Never had an issue with pace of play really either. There has been some news recently about the owners turning the land into a solar farm in the next couple years, so might be one of your last times to play it.

4 Likes

Bass River in Yarmouth is a fun Donnie Ross course.

1 Like

I’d love to try to throw together a smaller NLU event or casual get together at my home course on the cape, Willowbend. I’ll try and shoot for something for the fall.

5 Likes

Have you played the nine hole course there? Coming in hot on Thursday and might shoot over there for some twilight.

Played that track, super fun bring a cooler and fire at it course,

1 Like