Roll Call: Maine

I should be there.

1 Like

Hey all, new to the Refuge. New to Maine!
Just moved to the Bangor area in the last week, hoping to connect with some folks for rounds once the snow melts.
Anyone on here in the Bangor area?

2 Likes

Iā€™m from Bangor areaā€¦play out of penobscot valley country club. You joining anywhere? Welcome!

I am in hampden to be more specific

I was listening to the Jan Nest pod, and I feel like we should push not only for the meetup to be in Maine, but for Strapped: Maine. I think we have way more hidden golf than TC would like to admit.

Tc Loves maineā€¦I think the meetup will be in southern maine for sureā€¦and you are rightā€¦strapped would do great in a few different regions of the state. Let your local Congressman know! (The guys)

If they hear from the people of maine that there is lots that are inā€¦it will be hereā€¦tc wants it to be hereā€¦I think one of the only reasons they would do mass instead is out of fear that there wasnt enough people coming to maineā€¦so letā€™s make sure they know we have people excited. @Tron

1 Like

It seems like a no brainer to try and do it at cape arundel. Worth a drive, convenient to mass and Portland, woke-approved.

Portland checking in! Moved up here from Mass last April. I just joined this forum and I am glad I did as golfwrx is pretty quiet on the ME frontā€¦ Would love to meet up and play once courses around here start opening up.

2 Likes

I will join somewhere, just not sure where yet. Some colleagues are members at Bangor Muni, but Iā€™d like to check out Penobscot Valley too.
What are your thoughts between the two?

Just moved to Bangor and I am in the same boat.
Letā€™s hope for snow to melt, then I would love to meet new people to play with.

1 Like

Welcome! Iā€™m in North Yarmouth and a member at Falmouth. Would love to get together and play outsideā€¦ eventually

Muni is fineā€¦doesnā€™t drain wellā€¦and will be wet into juneā€¦but then in pretty good shape ā€¦PVCC got run down by previous owners. And is in year 3 of a ā€œrebuildā€ started to come around last yearā€¦ itā€™s a historic donald ross designā€¦and trumpā€™s muni as far as design and difficulty goesā€¦Iā€™ve joined in orono 5 or so yearsā€¦2 years ago I tried Bangor and it was boring and blah by the end if the year

Pvcc has a pool, great locker rooms /club houseā€¦muni range is betterā€¦and they have a little short game areaā€¦if youā€™re looking to really test and grow your game Iā€™d pick pvcc ā€¦it has hosted 10+ maine am championshipsā€¦and will again after it fully recoversā€¦Iā€™ll take you out when it opens if youd like. Can likely get you on for free. I have a good relationship w the pro and Iā€™ll tell him youā€™re considering joining

1 Like

That would be awesome! I drive by Falmouth all the time - course looks so pure. Iā€™m excited to go watch the Korn Ferry guys tee it up there this summer. Iā€™m yet to join anywhere and have either been driving south to play with friends at Ledges/Cape Arundel (love em both) or playing some of the public courses around here.

Sounds fantastic ā€¦if you play on being around Bangor at all let me know!

Alsoā€¦Iā€™ve been wanting to go to the sim soonā€¦to get some swings inā€¦if that interests you at all let me know

That would be great! I love to play different places, but often get stuck in a routine of just going to the course Iā€™m a member at.

Count me in!
When does the season typically get going around here- mid-April?

I would like that, Iā€™m going to be on the road for a bit very soon, but am back for a while starting around St Pattyā€™s Day.
Where is the sim, Bangor?