Roll Call: Maine

Belgrade is definitely worth the detour but going to be the priciest.

Waterville Country Club is worth taking a look at as well.

Twilight 9 at Riverside South in Portland :pinched_fingers:t3::pinched_fingers:t3:

Played Belgrade before, love it and will go back, probably not this trip. Also have played Cape Arundel and The Ledges. Brunswick GC looks great. Will check out Waterville Probably won’t be able to do Riverside twilight and get to the ball game but will keep it in mind. Thanks.

1 Like

If you need a 4th around Portland let me know - depending on the day I should be around. Have fun - sea dogs games are the best

2 Likes

Just daydreaming while looking out at my frozen backyard- what’s everyone’s best guess at first Maine course to open, and when it will be?

Bonus points if you pick something other than Nonesuch.

1 Like

Links at Outlook - 3/22

1 Like

Natanis between Augusta and Waterville has two decent enough affordable courses.

It’s fine - arrowhead is meh, tomahawk is decent. But I’d never tell someone to make a special trip to play it. Kinda an “if you’re already there” type of place to me.

Super nice people and they do a good job, won’t take that away from them.

Fading Nonesuch is a move

1 Like

Had to go for the bonus points :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Nonesuch is too obvious an answer. I was a member there about 10 years ago, we were debating whether you got free drops out of snow banks.

1 Like

My only fun Nonesuch story is I drove the green over the maintenance shed. Ballsiest line I’ve ever taken on a course.

1 Like

Played with a snowman on 12 green there this December

1 Like

Dunegrass is another that could be open with snow still on the greens

1 Like

Is that still the case? For a number of years the company running Nonesuch also ran Dunegrass, but I think Dunegrass is now being operated in house.

I think Nonesuch owner was “leasing” Dunegrass for some time.

Regardless, Dunegrass looks terrible with all the houses packed in around the course. Solid practice facility though.

Regardless of the actual answer sign me up for a Refuge outing once we have the green light. Long term weather pattern looking favorable

2 Likes

I’m game soon as I’m back from FL/Moosehead - hoping something is open mid-march

1 Like

One of my golf resolutions this year is to play with more people and power through my golf performance anxiety. So I’m game.

2 Likes

This is real, but it’s also helpful to remember that no one cares what you shoot.

1 Like

I’m much better about it than I once was.

1 Like