Roll Call: L.A. County (Rustic Canyon and the Coachella Valley are not in L.A. County)

It was great meeting you. Your game and sartorial splendor were as advertised! Hope we can tee it up sometime up north.

5 Likes

It was great meeting all of you today. It was awesomely miserable. I had no choice but to join the Refuge immediately after. This is John Figueroa. Will be posting more photos from today as soon as I get my camera bag which I left in a push cart. Let’s tee it up again together soon, gents!

8 Likes

Ps…whoever made the yardage book for rustic canyon, I’d like to snag one. I can Venmo whatever.

That would be @buckeyedude7. I think I have and extra in my car, I’ll message you.

Enjoyed it. @anon47037505, @VelvetSteve and @anon68983737 were great to play with.

Can confirm the @anon26814599 v. @anon47037505 match MUST happen.

TAKE: Tilt is the worst of golf games. Why? Par. Tilt revolves around the concept of par which is a construct I reject.

9 Likes

I’m with Laz. Tilt sounds like the David Simms of golf games.

1 Like

Hard to overstate how much fun this weekend was. Played 54 holes with @VelvetSteve the Stick, 36 with The One and Only @Lazstradamus and the tall, handsome, and left-handed @Hwhite the lurker, 18+ with the supercool @anon68983737, bonus holes with my guis @GremlinGolfer, John the Newbie, @TacoBucket, and some good apres-tilt fellowship with the rest of the baddest RACDG chapter around.

Days like yesterday at Rustic with the wind blowing a consistent 30+ will make for some fun case studies when the new handicap system goes into effect.

And I definitely gained some respect for @anon26814599’s game for keeping it to 4&3 with Laz. The man is a shotmaker.

13 Likes

As promised, here are the best pics from yesterday’s Rustic meetup. I’m still new here, so apologies if I forgot to tag anyone, pictures should be fully downloadable if you so choose. Big thanks again to @Hwhite for organizing this thing, and the rest of the refugees for being warm and welcoming @anon47037505 @GremlinGolfer @TacoBucket @VelvetSteve @Lazstradamus

Harry’s Farewell at Rustic Canyon

11 Likes

Great job. @Lazstradamus in the wingtips and persimmon driver looks sooooo dreamy.

3 Likes

John these are so good. What a privilege to have you document this for us, and play some great golf on the way.

4 Likes

Wow - great photos!

1 Like

@NineTo5Golf was all over the photography - even carrying a back pack with his camera equipment. I don’t know how he keeps up with everything. These are some nice photos!

2 Likes

The photos. The mustache. The red sweater. The retro pants. The driver with cotton balls in the head.

@NineTo5Golf has my vote for November Best Newcomer in the Refuge

5 Likes

Yeah, that book looked great. Would love one for future trips.

Also for a day when concepts like yardage might mean something. Or when I could stand upright.

4 Likes

Happy to help with the yardage books. Shoot me a message or something and I can send you the files and instructions on how to print. Or could print one and mail it to you if that’s easier.

2 Likes

Also have some for other courses in the area. Both the Griffith park courses. A few others I would need to find. I think I’ve also started one for Goat Hill Park. And it’s pretty easy to make one for any course honestly.

This is assuming the printer at work is up and running, right? :wink:

1 Like

Soule Park! Soule Park! Soule Park! Asking for a friend…

2 Likes

It’s kind of a sad reality that all the L.A. County Chapter favorite courses and meetups are not actually in L.A. County.

7 Likes

As a very proud/stubborn 805 native, it honestly irks the ish out of me that Rustic is considered an “L.A. hidden gem.” No disrespect to all the Angelinos, but, your coverage area is massive, let us have this one at least. Okay, rant over

3 Likes