Roll Call: L.A. County (Rustic Canyon and the Coachella Valley are not in L.A. County)

Striped a 3 wood on 18 at Soule Park from 240 out to get on the green in 2 and I’ve been replaying that shot all day in my head lol

3 Likes

Hey Everyone…

Oak Quarry… Thoughts? It looks like so much fun and I’m contemplating playing it on my trip through your neck of the woods Thursday Nov 18.

John

Next…

Santa Anita… Thoughts? Same Day question as well. It looks old school and akin to Soule Park/Ojai Valley vibes…

Cheers

John

Oak Quarry is very fun and definitely worth checking out, not walkable in case that matters to you.

Santa Anita is a great value. Fun course with some interesting holes and greens, but can be a little rough around the edges. Not really the Soule Park vibe as Santa Anita has the residential/office park surroundings.

Hmmm yea I didn’t realize there was that much residential around Santa Anita… photos I saw didn’t show that so thank you. Definitely a pet peeve of mine; as in, its fine when I’m home… but not on vacation.

Oak quarry it is then. I’ll be staying in Ojai for 2 nights so I’ll be getting the Thomas and Bell experience up there after the Canyon! Thanks for the confirmation… also, I’ll probably walk it. I know… but I love the walk even if its up the mountain. Looks like Quarry is worth the workout from the photos.

John

If you are dead set on walking then go to Goose Creek in Norco. Better course, marginally closer to Ojai, and it very walkable. Bonus is you get to play the toughest 18th hole in the IE.

2 Likes

Hey my brother in Law lives in East side of LA and is looking to get some games in. Anybody got a link for a group chat or what’s app chat I can send him?

1 Like

There are a couple active clubs in the area. Pinecone, Tropicana, and tiny putters. I know that if you join pinecone or tiny putters they have a group chats on either slack or discord for tee-times and full event schedules.

Just dm’d you the link to the refuge LA chat

1 Like

Would love to join that chat.

1 Like

Long Beach resident here, would love to join the chat.

Thank you,
Rich

Going to be in LA over Christmas and am looking for a game.
Happy to host at one my clubs in MA/PA in return. DM if interested.
Thanks

3 Likes

What part of town are you staying in? Would recommend the usual Soule Park, Los Olivas, Oak Quarry, Goose Creek.

I am throwing this out here for any and all that may be interested in joining the Low Cal Roost. Feel free to sign up - Nest membership is not required! Questions? Click on the link at the bottom of the page to the Refuge Roosts: Local Clubs & Club Championship Outline. Or at @Rob_Roth. Hopefully @TacoBucket @anon47037505 and @Lazstradamus sign up!

4 Likes

West LA guy here looking to meet up with like minded golfers. Would love the link.

3 Likes

Brand new here, and signed up after being convinced by a couple of buddies that frequent this forum that I should join. Live on the east side, and tend to play mostly at the Griffith Park courses (Roosevelt mostly due to actually being able to get on more often). I did play Rustic Canyon for the first time earlier this week.

3 Likes

Sent around some emails trying to establish committees, let me know if you want in!

3 Likes

May attend a conference in LA mid March. The hotel is literally five minutes from LACC. I doubt I will get a game there. Whats nearby and realistic?

Rancho 9 days in advance be online at 558 and logged in to get a tee time.

Probably will crash and be unable to get it.

2 Likes

Played goose creek today. Course is just fun. Of course I Icarito’d the approach on 18 after clubbing up to make sure I cleared the water. Need to make it to Rustic but I find goose creek the best conditions and pace of play value around.

2 Likes