Roll Call: Kentucky

Louisville here, Woodhaven member

You know Andrew Clark or Russ Wildrick?

I do, played a couple simulator events with them recently.

Nice! I used to work with them and they basically helped get me hooked on golf. Solid dudes

1 Like

Hello Golf Friends,
I work as a traveling Physical Therapist and going to be in Frankfort for the next 3 months. Was curious if thereā€™s courses still open? If so, what are some recommendations?

1 Like

Courses in my county are still open. If you scroll up a little thereā€™s some good recommendations in both the Lexington and Louisville areas that arenā€™t too far from Frankfort. Iā€™ve never actually played in Frankfort though

1 Like

Currently all the Louisville metro courses are open to play. I believe all Lexington municipal courses are shutdown. Enjoyed walking 18 holes at Seneca Golf Course this morning myself.

Unsure about the status Franklin County specifically, but Iā€™ve always enjoyed Juniper Hills in Frankfort. Itā€™s not going to blow you away, but an enjoyable round a golf nonetheless!

Playing Valhalla for the first time on Tuesday. Has anyone played there before with any suggestions or wisdom?

Donā€™t hit it in the roughā€¦makes life difficult out there. In all seriousness though, take a forecaddie and listen to them. There are some holes where a shorter shot takes the place of just banging a driver around.

What ChuckV said. Also, be below the hole, be below the hole, BE BELOW THE HOLE.

2 Likes

unless theyā€™ve dramatically cut the rough absolutely do not miss the fairway, itā€™s basically a stroke penalty. I canā€™t recall the last time iā€™ve seen our rough as thick as it is. The greens have been perfect. Some days youā€™ll catch them fast others have been a tad slow. 6 is the just an awful golf hole make it 50 yards shorter on the second and it be a fantastic golf hole. I prefer the back to the front. My favorite holes are 4,5,11,15.

Enjoy!

If you care about your score, I feel like you have more opportunities to be aggressive on the front, barring number 3 and 6.

I agree with jjthomp, number 6 is just mean. I was 2 under through 5 when I played (literally the best start Iā€™ve had on ANY course), and walked away off of 6 +2 for the dayā€¦

What stuck out to me on the back nine was there are a ton of uncomfortable second shots from the fairway (12, 13, and 15 at the top of my mind).

Also, enjoy some M&Ms in the locker room!

1 Like

Take a cart. Tried to walk it all, even with a caddie, and the back 9 will kick the shit out of you

Hello Kentucky folks - Iā€™m looking to plan my bachelor party for March of next year and wondering how cold it would be and if weā€™d be able to get any golf in around that time? Main plan would be Bourbon Trail so Iā€™m assuming Louisville or Lexington would be the areas Iā€™d be looking to stay/play in but please feel free to send recommendations, both in terms of where to stay and where to play.

Theres some good info in this thread about courses to play in both areas for trips like this one. As far as March in KY goes its a toss up, I usually play every weekend in March though unless it rains, think I even played a few times in Feb this year

1 Like

Cool, thanks. Iā€™ll scroll through the thread.

I think weā€™ve covered a good amount of the best course options but if you have any questions anyway go ahead and shoot! As far as Lexington goes we always stay downtown, usually the Hyatt. We usually get a price breaks on rooms as well when we go up with a bigger group to play for the weekend.

1 Like

I donā€™t know if this has been covered, but eat at Maloneā€™s.

2 Likes

And Joe Bolognas

Theres also a Jeff Rubyā€™s in in Lex now