Roll Call: Kentucky

Boone’s Trace is fun. I really enjoyed that course. Haven’t played Big Blue or Houston Oaks yet.

1 Like

Google says Old Silo is permanently closed. Anyone know if that’s accurate? If so, should we start an investment group?

1 Like

I know absolutely nothing about any of these courses…BUT I drove by Kearney yesterday on the way to Louisville and it looked pretty sweet.

Also drove by Cardinal Club and it looked awesome too

1 Like

If distance isn’t an issue Peninsula Golf Resort is a solid place as well. It’s another Pete Dye course that is very good.

That may be a good idea. I’ve heard that course has good bones. I’ve got a buddy who used to play there a bunch and lives close by. I’ll check with him and report back.

1 Like

Old Silo has been closed for five years and is apparently just sitting there. It’s difficult to tell from current overheads if they’ve sold any parts off for development. Could this be the Nest Course? Good central location.

3 Likes

Got 2, maybe 3 open spots for Thursday(Thanksgiving Day) 11:40 at Kearney, anybody want in?

@rvale21 and as far as courses you are between i think i’d lean Peninsula>Houston Oaks>Griffin Gate>UK Club>Cherry Blossom>Golf Club of Bluegass(Widows Watch)>Connemara or Thoroughbred Golf Club or Picadome

Peninsula is a must ride (not literally, but you’d have to be a real hardo to walk it)

@Toca Old Silo was sickkkkkk, Aussie designer, some slick bunkering, weird holes, also the aforementioned big ass Silo

3 Likes

Supposed to be out of town Thanksgiving day but if plans change I’ll let you know.

1 Like

They just renovated Griffen Gate its pretty solid now. I would add Picadome to the rotation. It is an old school country club layout. Obviously its muni golf, but its so sick.

I always get a kick out of the par 5, 3, 5, 3 start at Picadome.

Fun fact, in college we played the course like 3 days before they found a dead body on the 18th hole.

4 Likes

Love Picadome…

2 Likes

KSBar would be a good spot to watch games unless UK is playing, then it might be a madhouse.

1 Like

Matt Jones loyalist and Lexington native here. Can confirm KSBar is the best place in town for a game. Problem is it is way crowded for an actual game its usually the best for secondary sports when you can actually get in. Ie Titans game/ World Cup

1 Like

The High Cotton Club returns to Kentucky for #TheBarnBurner at Kenny Perry’s on 2/11… 18 holes of (net) stableford featuring Closest to the Pin contests, skins, and payouts for our top finishers. The top 6 competitors from @HighCottonClub will earn spots in The Showdown at The Legacy in June, our Roost’s regional qualifier.

Tee times begin at 10:30, and entry fee is $100 and includes golf (with cart and range balls) and signups are available on Unknown Golf for High Cotton members. If you’re not a member and want to play, reach out for the link or to join the Roost! (I can’t include the link here, but can help you in the DMs)

5 Likes

Cannot wait to tee it up at Kenny Perry’s! Should be a heck of an event!

1 Like

Hello my Kentucky brethren, I’m working on putting together a mid may trip for me and a good buddy. I’m a golf sicko who enjoys a beverage after 36, he’s an alcohol aficionado who also enjoys golfing. KY seemed like an ideal destination for me to trick him into a golf sicko trip with the promise of hitting up a few distilleries along the way. Plan is to set up shop in Lexington. Think I got a decent list of courses reading back through the thread but I’d appreciate on recommendations on where we should look to grab an air bnb for a few nights. Walkability to good bars and restaurants would be the main concern. Thanks for the help!

For my time and money, I think staying in downtown is the best option. You will have access to bars and restaurants on foot, short Uber ride to even more food and restaurants and reasonably quick access to golf in literally all directions. The distilleries are a little further away and spaced out more than most people think, but from downtown you can be at Woodford or Castle and Key fairly quickly. There are a ton of AirBnB options available, although definitely be sure to question something that is way cheaper than things around it. There are still some ‘rougher’ areas near downtown. If you need a local to yay or nay a location, just hit me up.

1 Like

We have 15 in the field for #TheBarnBurner at Kenny Perry’s on 2/11, would love to get to 16! 16 players would yield mean the winner gets their $100 entry fee paid back, the runner up would receive $50 and third getting $10. Plus, $80/Closest to the Pin!

If you haven’t checked out a @HighCottonClub event yet, we’d love to have you to the place where so many of our Roost memories began last year. If you’ve been before, you know the deal so sign up before you miss out! I’ve included the info/sign up link below, but please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions!

http://ukg.golf/q?ac=G5r8Vwbl

This is our final event before the first border battle with Indiana, The Farmers Cup at Quail Crossing in Evansville, IN… If you want to #getingolved with that, it’s a Doak for $30 with cart and range balls… I mean, it doesn’t get much better than that!

3 Likes

We’re only a couple spots shy from making The Barn Burner at Kenny Perry’s our largest event in @HighCottonClub history, only second to the OG Extinction at Park Mammoth… Kentucky is High Cotton Country… reach out and #getinvolved!

5 Likes

Not sure if anyone in the Louisville area would be interested in coming over for this one, but we are trying to put together a match play event between Indiana and the High Cotton Club just outside of Evansville on March 11!