Roll Call: Kentucky

In terms of this fall, it looks like October 1 would probably be the best weekend for me.

Okay Iā€™ve got 5 of us for Saturday at Kearney.

@methridge @twturner @Muzzy @LeeRoyBoy

If you know anyone else interested we have 3 spots open. If we need too we can just go off as a 5. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

@NSenak88 no luck finding anyone on my side. I think the holiday has folks out of town.

1 Like

Same here, still trying thoughā€¦Hope it doesnā€™t rain!

1 Like

Yeah the weather is definitely not looking good.

Hate to say it, but the weatherā€™s probably gonna force @methridge and I to withdraw. Itā€™s an hour and a half each way for us, so unless it looks a lot better in the morning, weā€™ll probably sit this one out.

2 Likes

Love to see yā€™all working to get togetherā€¦ just a reminder #TheExtiinction at Park Mammoth is coming up on 9/17 with 18 holes of stableford scoring leading to a derby with a great swag bag, food, and drinks included for $230.

If you havenā€™t been to Park Mammoth yet, Iā€™ll follow up with the link to this weekā€™s podcast where I had the opportunity to sit down with the architect, Mr. Brian Ross

Signups are coming to a close, so donā€™t miss your chance to #getinvolved with the High Cotton Club

2 Likes

Weather right now saying 50% chanceā€¦hopefully that chance decreases as time progresses.

1 Like

Iā€™ll be keeping an eye on it and confirm with you one way or the other tomorrow morning :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hey, yā€™all, Iā€™m playing in Tennessee on Thursday and Friday next week and will be driving back to Michigan Saturday. I was hoping to play in Kentucky that Saturday. Can go up either 65 through Louisville or 75 through Lexington. Anyone in either of those corridors want to play Saturday after like 11am? I have no knowledge of Kentucky golf so would be down to experience whatever there is to offer

1 Like

There is a high cotton club event that day at Park Mammoth outside of Bowling Green. If youā€™re interested, feel free to shoot me a DM and I can get you all the details.

I appreciate the offer, I think after Thursday and Friday Iā€™m looking for something a little more laid back on my game and wallet. It looks like an incredible course though

1 Like

Good morning Kentuckians! I come to you not for golf recommendations but for bourbon/distillery info.

Heading to Louisville for the NC State-Louisville game in November. Booked the Ideal Bartender Experience at Evan Williams for the afternoon of the 17th and an Angels Envy tour at noon on the 18th. Will also try and get to Peerless and Michters on the 18th and the Louisville Slugger Factory. Iā€™ll have my wife and 9 year old daughter with me so canā€™t spend all day drinking but anywhere downtown I NEED to get to? Good liquor stores to get a decent bottle or 2? Restaurants? Our Airbnb is a loft about a block from the Louisville Slugger factory so not sure if itā€™s a walkable downtown but Iā€™m hoping so.

Interested in any small craft distilleries too. Iā€™m not expecting to grab a bottle of Pappy but Iā€™d like to get some things I canā€™t get in NC

1 Like

Your 9 year old may like the science center right across the street from the slugger factory. Proof on Main is a great restaurant right there, but may be more adventurous for a 9 year old. Youā€™re not too far from NuLu, which has great bars (Taj, Gertieā€™s, West 6th brewing) and restaurants (Mayan Cafe, Royalā€™s Hot Chicken, Bar Vetti, Guacamole). The best restaurant for a visitor in my opinion is Matt Winnā€™s Steakhouse at Churchill Downs. Quality steakhouse on the 6th floor with views of the track.

As far as other local distilleries, your mileage may vary. I feel like a lot of newer things that have popped up are as much marketing vehicles as anything else. Copper and Kings is supposed to be enjoyable, though I havenā€™t done their tour.

For a liquor store, I like Frankfort Ave Liquors and Wine. Theyā€™re a newer shop so they donā€™t have an allotment of rare stuff to sell, but they also have a bar with Pappy, Weller, Old Fitz and a bunch of other nice stuff so you can at least have a pour. Their guys are super knowledgeable about to get you something unique, and then youā€™re also in a really cool area of town called Clifton with another great set of bars (Hilltop Tavern, Silver Dollar, Mellwood Tavern) and restaurants (Bourbonā€™s, Volare, Varanase). Youā€™ll have a hard time getting super rare/popular stuff here.

Enjoy your time in Louisville!

4 Likes

Thank you for the info! I think I might send my wife and daughter to the Science Center while I do the Evan Williams tasting.

Any bourbons that are only sold in Kentucky? Iā€™ve read about Heaven Hill Green Label and Jim Beam Urban Stillhouse Select but I feel like Iā€™ve heard about others as well. And this goes for the cheaper end bourbons.

Edit: But I guess with the Jim Beam location closed in Louisville, that takes out their bourbon on the list.

1 Like

Louisville also has a great zoo!

Hey all Iā€™ve got a foursome for Saturday at Kearney 1:50. I have two spots open if anyone wants to join. Weather should be perfect.

Also my buddy and I would be more than open for a match if anyone wants to throw down the gauntlet.

I Accept Glove GIF - I Accept Glove Slap - Descubre ...

Dang, would have liked to partake in this. Have family in town this weekend.

1 Like

Hey everyone, reaching out to see if anyone would be interested in joining the High Cotton Club Kentucky match play aka The High Cotton Classic? Last year we had 4 guys playing in it and would love to try and double it for next year. Play would be in the spring with a minimum of 3 rounds per player with qualifiers from a group play advancing to the playoffs. Feel free to reach out to myself or @leftysauce if you have any questions.

3 Likes

Hey everyone, just wanted to reach out and let yā€™all know that we are organizing another event at Park Mammoth for next summer. Would love to have yā€™all If youā€™re able to make it down!

3 Likes