Roll Call: Kentucky

And it’s an easy walk. Only tough part is if it is wet out and going up the hill on the 14th fairway. No pathway or cart path for a pushcart and that rough is THICCCC

I remember playing Picadome and Kearney as a highschooler. Very interested to play them again now. I am quite close to Picadome and will be playing some twilight rounds there for the next few weeks. I remember it being very tight. If 3 other folks would be able to play in the afternoon, I’d be happy to book the time.

1 Like

I played Picadome about a thousand times in grad school. Such a fun course, glad to hear it’s still up and running.

Moved home to Kentucky last September after living in SC for about 20 years. Living in Louisville and glad to be home!

4 Likes

Okay Let’s Do This. Trying to find out if anyone is interested in this. No date yet but there is a lot of love for this course so why wouldn’t we get together here.

We also have this for anyone who has never been to Kearney Hill.

4 Likes

Not being able to access Google Docs at work is theeeeeeeeeee worst

That’s weird because I put the sheet together at work.

1 Like

cough cought maybe avoid the end of September… :mammoth::eyes:

2 Likes

I was thinking mid October.

Looking to meet a buddy on Saturday in Bowling Green for a round, any recommendations on where to play?

Federal gov’t is the issue here…I’ll sign up when I get home…Kills the Roost vibes for me though…they block everything!!! Stoked for PM in September tho @leftysauce

2 Likes

Park Mammoth. It’s like 30 minutes outside bowling green but worth the drive. All the munis have been punched in the last week. It’s also interstate all the way so a fairly easy drive. But if you’re deadset on Bowling Green Crosswinds is the only 18 hole public course in the city.

4 Likes

Cannot recommend Park Mammoth enough, was out there two weeks ago and the course is in phenomenal shape. The grass (unfortunately, fescue included) has gotten a lot better since I was down there in May for our High Cotton Club event.

1 Like

I’m supposed to play Sunday with a couple Roost members i’m really looking forward to it

4 Likes

I cannot wait to get down to Park Mammoth

I’m probably in for Kearney too.

4 Likes

what was wrong with the grass?

1 Like

Nothing was wrong in May, there were just some visible seams (which I completely understand for a brand new course). Those are effectively gone and the fescue has definitely filled in where it was a lot thinner in May. Wasn’t meaning for it to sound like a knock. More just saying it’s grown in amazingly.

1 Like

Do we have any eastern KY people here?

I hope y’all are doing ok. The flooding just looks devastating.

4 Likes

For real, hope everyone dries out soon. Wasioto Winds is a treat if anyone has time down that way.

1 Like

Came on the Roll Call to ask the same. Either way thinking of you all down there. Good thoughts from California.

1 Like