Roll Call: Kentucky

Anyone checking out the Barbasol Championship in Lex this week? Fiancé is on her Bachelorette trip this weekend and thought about heading down Saturday to watch and have a few beers with some friends.

I’ll be there Sunday with my son which limits the amount of drinking I can do.

2 Likes

Nice! I’m debating going either Saturday or Sunday, the field is less than ideal but still can find someone interesting to follow for a bit.

I’ll be out there Friday. Brother-in-law fell into some Club 87 tickets, which may be necessary for rain cover…

1 Like

I’m just hoping Harry Higgs makes the cut cause I want my kid to get his autograph.

1 Like

Might be the strongest the Barbasol field has ever been. Daly was there a few years back and brought quite a crowd.

1 Like

The pro I take lessons from up here in NKY fired a 77 today at the Barbasol. He’s the best golfer I’ve ever seen, and he cannot even smell the cut in an opposite field event. Crazy how good the best of the best are.

1 Like

Got a lot of great stuff coming up this fall and into next year with @HighCottonClub! Great time to get involved with the the Tennessee boys! Got a big fall event planned in Kentucky too down at the amazing Park Mammoth!

2 Likes

Anyone getting out to the usga girls junior at olde stone this week?

(Tee shot on #2 and approach/lay up on #18)

3 Likes

I live right down the street from there and my boss lives in the neighborhood. He promised to take me out there to play this summer. Rumor is it’s a 48k initiation fee. If i wasn’t on vacation this week i was gonna go check it out.

1 Like

Will be in Lexington for a month from today (maybe longer if I decide to stay). Would love to meet some folks to play with. I grew up here, but haven’t been back in 20 years. Regular 9-5’er, but can do early mornings most of the time. Feel free to hit me up.

1 Like

We really need to get a group out at Kearney. Truly everyone loves it.

TBH I love Gay Brewer (Picadome) Course as well. Just a fun, quirky, difficult course.

3 Likes

I’d love to play there. Would have to be during the week for me.

Depending on how many we could get to partake I could do during the week. Just use a personal day at work and make a day of it.

Kearney is great, played it earlier this spring… would be nice to try it again without the snow/frost/ice delay.

It really is awesome. Played last year late summer and then this past Father’s Day. Truly an enjoyable course.

I drove past it for years while working, when I lived in Kentucky but never played it. I could play it daily, no problem.

1 Like

I’ve got a company car and am happy to drive people from NKY down there.

1 Like

Andrew Stephens?

1 Like

Picadome is the best layout in town

1 Like