Roll Call: Kentucky

Nevel Meade near louisville is right off 71, Oldham County Country Club is also. Shawnee is a muni in louisville off 64 just past downtown louisville before it crosses the Ohio.

2 Likes

We’ve had one spot open up for #TheExtinction at Park Mammoth on Sunday, 5/22

The High Cotton Club’s largest event yet, complete with golf, food, and gifts, is set to be an all time vibe. Send me a message or reach out on Instagram @thehighcottonclub to get involved

*10 handicap-ish would be ideal, but all are welcome. Let’s fill this spot!

Cannot recommend Nevel Meade enough for this situation. Not far off of I-71 and I believe the best value of any course in the Louisville area.

2 Likes

Amazing - thank you all!!!

Griffen Gate has gotten a lot better. They have put some money into that place

This is great stuff, was just going to come on here and ask for a Louisville area course to play on the way back from Sweetens Cove next Friday with my 15 year old son! Some good suggestions to check out!

2 Likes

Update: tried to get on at Nevel Meade but was booked up well in advance. Ended up at Shawnee. Had some fun on the course itself but ultimately should’ve thought better than the 12:30pm round at a Muni on a Holiday. Took 3 hours to play the front nine in that heat. Fairway was rough length and the rough was ankle deep in spots so people were spending forever searching for balls. Played directly behind back to back fivesomes. A shame, because the place has some good bones and is on a cool piece of real estate. Greens were actually in pretty solid shape too. I know Randy would’ve loved the centerline tree on 1.

1 Like

It’s honestly a really good golf course. Unfortunately, it’s in a really low area and I believe Kentucky has gotten hammered with rain for about two straight weeks.

1 Like

Hey everyone, first time checking in and live in Lexington if anyone is ever up for a round. Playing Valhalla for the first time this weekend. Anyone have any tips or notes I should be aware of going in? Have only seen it on TV, but I’m super excited to check it out.

2 Likes

One - they do everything possible to feel like a super elite club, don’t be nervous, be respectful but treat it as though you are a member. If you can go early enough grab lunch or whatever I’m the bar and grille and soak it up. The practice range and short game areas are sick so plan for enough time to use them. Take a four caddie (you may have to anyway). Play the right tees for your game. We’ve played the shorter combo tees a few times but if you hit it 250+ consistently go on and play it a touch further back. It’s tougher from the short tees because your tee shots will fly into blind shit areas. Play 18 from the tips for fun. Should be in good shape I believe they just transitioned the fairways from bent to zoysia not sure what that will look like this early.

We play a ton in louisville @Kyleccox5 a d I play Nevel Meade twice a week, we e been looking for an excuse to go down to Kearney we are doing a Pete dye summer tour.

1 Like

My thoughts from a few years ago as someone who has gotten lucky to play it twice.

Enjoy it out there! and obviously try to recreate all the Tiger circa 2000 moments you can! (Point in your putt no matter the length on 16)

If you end up over in Lexington to play Kearney or Peninsula Golf “Resort” let me know. Love Kearney and really need to get down to Peninsula.

Hey all,

If anyone else is interested I am playing Kearney on Friday at 1:20. Work summer hours are the best where I finish at noon.

There were a lot of tee times available. Playing as a solo, but if you haven’t had a chance to play Kearney it is worth it.

I think I was there that same day. I played that Sunday of Memorial Day. I teed of at like 750 and it was still slow but I couldn’t believe the backups I saw on the tees as i was finishing up. Rough swallowed up a ton of balls

1 Like

You guys members there? Would be interested to hear how that goes and what you think about that set up with how busy the course is. Tough for me to justify that expense with how busy the course is vs. my current set up.

Hey All -

Columbus, OH guy here. Planning a bachelor party for another golf nut buddy in September in Louisville and looking for best courses (any price) to get a few rounds in. Suggestions?

Plenty of similar recommendations above, but seems like general consensus for public courses are Nevel Meade, Heritage Hill, and Chariot Run.

2 Likes

How was your round? I am a caddie at Valhalla during the summer - wish I would have seen this before you were out there. I love bagging for new guys or guests and pointing out certain things along the way.

1 Like

What weekend? Louisville plays a home football game against Florida State on FRIDAY, September 16th. Could be a fun addition to a bachelor party.

Round was awesome and the experience was incredible. I’m looking forward to making another trip soon and will reach out before I do.

Had actual nerves on the first few holes for the first time since HS golf, and started 6-6-7. Then settled in and wound up shooting 94, which I wasn’t too upset about from the black tees as a 12 handicap.

1 Like