Roll Call: KC Area

Note: Just asked co-worker again. He was adamant it is NOT real Joe’s. Who is drinking the kool aid here folks!?

Don’t shoot the messenger!

https://www.countyroadicehouse.com/

1 Like

I am very much confident it’s the good good.

Also, I am proud that this thread has taken off like wildfire. Beyond my wildest dreams.

2 Likes

I know one of the guys that owns Icehouse, checking with another buddy in KC to see if it’s the real deal.

1 Like

That’s the whole point of my co-workers is trying to make. That even though it says Joe’s on the side of the building, don’t go in expecting Joe’s. The “collaboration” has messed with true Joe’s goodness.

I’m hopeful it is the real deal and happy you guys feel it is. He was just so stone faced and sure that it isn’t the same - gave me pause.

Point taken. I’m hoping you get to try it for yourself.

Also, I think @MerchCzar would go full SHAFUA on all the BBQ options in KC.

4 Likes

Cold Beer options too.

I’ll try it myself no doubt. Wouldn’t ever let someone else’s opinion stop me from making my own when it comes to food!

It’s Joe’s BBQ. Buddy of mine works for them and spent most of last year getting it up and running. I’ve not been there, but think it’s some sort of J.V. between them and another bar/restaurant.

1 Like

Nice. Do they cook it in house or bring it in from Joe’s up the street.

Maybe my co-worker just went on a bad day.

My source has confirmed it’s the same Joe’s food. Not the full menu, and they do have additional stuff that Joe’s doesn’t., but all done in house.

4 Likes

The last 10 comments of this thread should be printed in the Star. Quality investigative journalism here, on the thing that matters most to Kansas City.

1 Like

Investigative journalism is a strong suit of this thread, clearly.

1 Like

FYI everyone - Tom Coyne’s next project will be based in the states. Quite the itinerary, but he’ll be coming to KC for Swope Memorial. It’d be awesome if we could get a big group to play out there with him.

It would also be a good opportunity for shameless plugs of BCN, or at the least, hoping Tom walks around with a BCN towel for his post-KC journey.

1 Like

BCN is on the list!

3 Likes

You serious, Clark?

1 Like

Here is the updated map:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?ll=39.36380067451555%2C-94.16630778475428&z=8&mid=13FRmQv-3Ft14GDuIt7dZgLm7MpSgG18g

2 Likes

I’m totally down to be wherever he is when he is in KC, preferably at BCN or Swope.
@TomCoyne

2 Likes

You see he has Firekeeper on there?

1 Like

Nice! Added quite a few KC area courses. That’s pretty awesome he’s coming to BCN.

1 Like

Sure do. Love that place.