Roll Call: KC Area

Thanks! I’ll post month by month schedule @coynewriter in April. And will drop calls for partners from time to time as well. Hope you can join me!

7 Likes

Sounds like a plan. Can’t wait to have you drop in our little slice of heaven right here in the heart of America!

1 Like

Nice of you to drop by our thread, Tom. Will be really great to meet and play with you when you’re coming by KC.

2 Likes

I grew up in JOCO and head back to KC from time to time for holidays and other family events. I grew up near OP and St. Andrews, and migrated to Ironhorse in middle and high school. I should be back in September for a wedding, an am hoping to bring the clubs for a couple loops around BCN and maybe a round somewhere else. Love reading all the BBQ talk, but it’s making me a bit nostalgic. For the JOCO group, Jon Russell’s BBQ is a solid spot right by St. Andrews with an awesome burnt end and sausage sandwich I get every time I’m in the area.

1 Like

No one acknowledged my local mexican joint refernece and I’m getting insecure…

• Ponak’s is good
  • Ponak’s is not good

0 voters

Woohhh - if someone votes it is not good, may need to jump them at the first KC meet up

Invoking the Big Randy rule as I will be in town on “business” March 22-24. Looking for some good eats and a beer or 5.

1 Like

Gonna be in town for the business of eating bbq and hitting the links?

1 Like

Cold ones?

1 Like

temperature is not a limiting factor

1 Like

This entire thread gives me the biggest FOMO anxiety… We Wichitans don’t like to claim we’re jealous of you KC folk too often, but I am jealous of everything that has transpired here.

3 Likes

Grew up a Wichitan. Moved to KC last June. Don’t feel bad about switching alliances

2 Likes

Same here (with some pit stops in Denver and Atlanta). KC’s a pretty great place, and although there’s a soft spot for my hometown, the last time I went down there it was windy AF, raining, and cold. Why did god spite Wichita weather?

But @japolo1987, at least you’ve got Barn’rds!

1 Like

@japolo1987 well, we’re only a few hours away …

@Chapo welcome to the city.

2 Likes

My allegiance lies with where my paycheck comes from… For now at least.

1 Like

Guess there had to be a couple things wrong with Wichita to keep the crazies away? Wish I could give you more than one favorite for the Barn’rds reference too.

1 Like

For what it’s worth @chapo and @Rocco - I’m a transplant from Wichita as well. The differential in the wind alone brings KC up a notch. Will never forget trying to play competitively in the spring in Wichita - 35 MPH fan on constantly.

1 Like

I once played Auburn Hills in Wichita while it was blowing 40-50 and was miserable.

3 Likes

Shitty conditions can be so much fun, if you get your head around it.

Golf in Kansas City is a joke compared to Wichita. I get flustered in 20 MPH here in KC. That is a calm day in Wichita.

3 Likes