Roll Call: KC Area

Can you think of a player less worth the trouble that he has caused than De Sousa?

2 Likes

Oh to be a fly on the wall in that locker room last night and at practice today. You could literally see steam coming from Self’s ears in the aftermath.

Anyway, here is Jim Ross calling the fight:

2 Likes

Very very sad to see De Sousa do something like that after everything that Self and the university has done to get him cleared.

Billy Preston, but Self smartly nipped that when writing was on the wall

1 Like

that was the most entertaining thing ku bball has done all year imo. college basketball has been painful to watch for years but this year seems worse than most. Loved that Silvio blocked the shot and stood over him, didn’t love him picking up a stool. should get a hefty suspension.

There was a lot of very funny tweets after the game. Personal fav was

Bill Self: “We will fight hard for your eligibility”

De Sousa: “I will literally decapitate someone with a chair for you”

hahahaha

2 Likes

Hard agree with this. CBB has not been doing it for me this year. There literally just aren’t any good teams that are fun to watch. placed a future on KU at the start of the year to win the natty (dont tell the other kstate folk) and I think I still stand by it even after what happened last night. It’s just a weird year

1 Like

This is definitely the case now, but it should make for a great tournament…there might be some massive upsets and wild finishes.

3 Likes

I think more than a suspension is coming. The pic of him with the stool over his head is just awful. I think he gets the boot.

Also, the whole fight happened in the wheelchair area of Allen Fieldhouse. Lucky that some of those fans didn’t get hurt.

I saw Self’s comments from last night about it being in the wheelchair section. Reports are saying there were no fan injuries, thankfully.

My dad and I have have always talked about where you could move the wheelchair section in AFH and bring the student sections all the way down to the floor.

I am not sure what everyone is planning for a meet up, but I will throw this out there. I would like to set up a day when we meet up and play Creekmoor, from the tips. I always like to do it around the US Open so I know what that is like and get my ass kicked . For those who don’t know the Tips at Creekmoor are over 7,400 yards. I can find a time on a Saturday in the afternoon and we would probably have to course to ourselves. Just let me know what everyone thinks. And like I said just throwing it out there.

4 Likes

This is definitely a good idea. Thanks for offering.

I’m looking forward to this year, as I think we’ll have more meetups in this group!

1 Like

Would be shocked if he got booted. Had he used the stool he’d be gone but he dropped it before using it. The overreaction last night/today has been entertaining though.

Indefinite suspension…

Anyone else want to vote on the poll? Looks like April is going to be our best bet. I know there’s a lot of excitement about trying to get out early in the season.

They suspended him just long enough so he can’t play at kstate. I imagine if that game was earlier in the season his suspension would have been shorter. He’s been pretty much a non factor this year but still happy to see KU was smart enough to not kick him off the team.

@anon82308049 I won’t be here in April but voted for it for you lol. Come down and visit in Tampa anytime.

2 Likes

Can you imagine him playing in Manhattan?? That place is going to be out of control.

Also, there’s merch available from the incident if anyone’s interested lol

2 Likes

As I mentioned before I would like to host a group out at Creekmoor in June for a US Open event. I have a tentative date of June 13th. We would play from the Black tee’s and do not to worry we will have US Open rough( we always do). Net and Gross Champion and Skins game. If I get a lot of interests we can prob get more things going. And if it’s just me and one other person we will drink some drinks and take the ass kicking and have a great time.

Creekmoor has hosted the 1st round of US Open qualifying 3 times and also the Korn Ferry Monday qualification, KC AM, and AJGA Lockton 3 times.

Please if you are interested please let me know and I will work with the Golf Pros to get things going.
and If I need to start a separate thread I will.

4 Likes

Hey @BigJones - I am in if you will have me.

KC folks - feast your eyes on this beauty of a twitter thread. Some highlights:

• Swope referred to as “Shit Memorial” and “Hot garbage”

• Comparing courses to males preferences of female’s physical features

• Tilly/golden age enthusiast bashing

• Preference for gambling and broing out on the golf course

• Measuring golfers intelligence by what they shoot

• The best part - They all are members at Wolf Creek, the pride of KC’s private golf scene :nauseated_face:

1 Like