Roll Call: KC Area

LOVE me some PDCC. Would play it every day over FHN and I live about 4 miles from it. It was a customer of mine for many years before I changed roles, so had access just about whenever I wanted…tough to let that go!

2 Likes

Ludvig Aberg made it look easy this week. Beat the field by 8 strokes. @Tron would be proud.

2 Likes

At this point he’s like a bass swimming in a pool of minnows. He’s 23 beating up on 18-20 year olds. He’s the biggest kid at the LLWS. Go pro already dude.

Good playing by him though.

3 Likes

I’ll be caddying in the KFT event at Blue Hills this week for David Holmes. Don’t know our tee times yet, but it’d cool to get some NLU/sicko support out there.

Check out the VelvetSteve Caddy thread for more details.

7 Likes

Hell yeah, man! Good luck! I know there are some members of our roost heading out there! Let us know if you need any recommendations for grub or drinks!

2 Likes

We always take good BBQ recommendations.

1 Like

Upscale adjacent: Jack Stack
Old school: Arthur Bryants and Gates (I prefer Gates)
Hole in the wall: LC’s, so fucking good
Trending: Joe’s and Q39. Q39 is fire and the OG Joes in the gas station is a trip.
Never been but heard great things - Slaps BBQ. That is where Stonestreet took all the NFL network guys when they were in town for the draft.

I’m sure others will chime in as well

4 Likes

Can confirm that Slaps does indeed Slap

8 Likes

KC BBQ is all about the ribs, right?

I am a big fan of holes in the wall.

3 Likes

My man, burnt ends are our thing.

Ribs are fine but brisket is the king. If youre in the mood for ribs though, I would check out the rib sampler dinner at Jack Stack.

7 Likes

Burnt ends it is.

We just go whatever the area is known for.

1 Like

2 spots still open on Friday at Heritage Park. 4:08pm tee time. Let me know if you want to join us.

5 Likes

Anyone have suggestions for a good driving range/practice facility in town?

Heart of America is a good and very large range. Less crowded than St Andrew’s or OP/Sykes. Iron horse has the self serve range machine but almost passed out when I chose large bucket and only 25 balls popped out

I posted in our discord and the DH thread as well -

Short notice - but had a couple guys drop out of a Bandon trip in July.

7/12 through 7/15. Includes 7 rounds, all courses, including one at the preserve and a double room at Chrome Lake.

If you want to get super weird - Spanky and I (and my pops) are driving out the week prior and playing Wild Horse, Jackson Hole Golf and Tennis, and Sylvies Valley on the way. Then we are meeting a couple fellas at Gearhart for the 2 days prior to Bandon.

6 Likes

I’m at Shoal Creek Golf Club regularly. Decent amount of space but can still get busy at peak times. Nearby is Shoal Creek Batting Cages and Driving Range - it has even more space. A lot more casual than a course facility but good for what it is.

Hey y’all the thread for the GPGC Lady Sykes Event is up! Go sign up!

3 Likes

Shoal apparently ended their partnership with Youth On Course. Was at the driving range + batting cages nearby and heard some HS-aged kids who were agitated with the decision. Not great, Bob.