Roll Call: KC Area

I could always go for some gunch punch! LMK if the spot is still open

2 Likes

Hello all, will be in the area this weekend for my wife’s volleyball tournament that she’s coaching. She’s stuck in the gym and I’ll be golfing & eating as much BBQ as I can handle. Skimming through your thead, it looks like Swope & Q39 are the popular rec’s, which works out since we’re staying in Overland Park and they seem nearby. Any other courses in good shape already this year?

Also, I’ve been looking for any updates on BCN and am coming up empty. I assume it isn’t ready for the season yet? I imagine Ben has been busy with NLU and hasn’t had much time lately, especially with this being Master’s week.

1 Like

There’s three BBQ joints I’ll always recommend, Q39, Joe’s KC, and Slap’s. If you’re in OP, Q39 will likely be the closest but it’s more of a sit down restaurant vibe.

If you are available 10am this saturday (April 7), our roost is having an event in OP at St. Andrews and we could use another couple guys. $75 gets you in. Details here: https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/the-masters-st-andrews-overland-park-ks-saturday-april-8/89768?u=vinnyg

There will be ~20 good guys there who all would be happy to host you

6 Likes

12 hours to reserve a spot for this Saturday’s Masters at St. Andrews! We need 1-2 more players!!!

Any idea why the link won’t work for me?

1 Like

Ah because I have to add you to our group in here. I’ll do that. Give it another shot

I would try LC’s BBQ. Close to Swope. To me it’s an old school KC BBQ joint and one of my favorites. Also depending on where the tournament is lots of other places that are must stops for food.

4 Likes

I’m sure this has been covered here so apologies in advance but does anyone have any recommendations for a teaching pro that’s good with kids? Preferably in Johnson county?

Coach G is at Lady Sykes and runs their youth programs. Great coach.

1 Like

Flying into KC to spend a quick 36 hours in Edwardsville for work Monday and Tuesday. Bringing the sticks to get a quick 9 or 18 twilight round Monday if anyone wants to tag along

There’s a 1020am tee time this Sunday at Falcon Lakes that needs a fourth. Anybody want in? I’d be yer cartner!

Hey everyone, I wanted to introduce myself- long time NLU fan, first time poster living in Overland Park. Looking to get more involved and playing with fellow golf sickos such as yourselves. I know I’m probably jumping in mid-season, but if any of you want to get together and play, I’m down. Appreciate any recs. Cheers!

7 Likes

Hey Sam,

Definitely have a good group of dudes that like to play and we are always looking for more. One of the best ways we get people playing is through the local Roost section, The Great Plains Golf Club.

Roosts are at a high level organized by NLU, but run by locals in each region. @VinnyG can you add @kcsam to the GPGC general thread?

Our next event is at Sunflower Hills on May 7th. We’d love for you to join! Once Vince adds you to the GPGC group, you’ll be able to sign up here

The rest of our event schedule can be found at our website.

We use discord as well as the refuge for organizing events and finding random tee times to play with the group.

Hope to see you around!

2 Likes

@jdefran @kcsam

Just got back from vacation and now have access to a computer so I added you (couldn’t figure out how to add people on my phone).

1 Like

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/sunpower-golf-sunday-may-7-2023-sunflower-hills-basehor-ks/90459?u=bagumbo

1 Like

A bad day of golf beats a good day at the office. But it was a good day of golf at he CLG Senior/MidAm series at Terradyne where your boy was 5 holes from the Mega bonus before going straight Icarito.

8 Likes

Why didn’t you let me know you were down? I would have come to caddie!!! We would have double mega bonused! Would have given you all the home course knowledge!

3 Likes

Next time for sure! Might have benefitted from local knowledge on 13 green. Not sure you would have fixed my horrible stabby chipping stroke on 15 :roll_eyes:

13 is a skin 5/7 days of the week. It’s wild.

15 isn’t the easiest of greens and intimidating as well.

Glad you dominated that other guy, though! :slight_smile:

1 Like

For those that may be interested, the Big 12 Golf Championship at Prairie Dunes is currently streaming on ESPN+. Good coverage of the course.

6 Likes