Roll Call: KC Area

fact, must buy! And just do what it says.

1 Like

Has anybody here played Unity Village? My buddy told me he booked a tee time and I’m just along for the ride, but I don’t see much detail about the course online.

If you have played, are you in a cult now?

2 Likes

Not quite. Played it twice. An older WTF course. Can be interesting. Not outta this world in ANY way.

Have never played but always been very curious about it. Buddy played it this year and sent me the Wiki link on whatever tf that place is:

It’s an okay track. As others have said, nothing crazy. The tee shot on the 9th hole is a bit dumb, Bing Randy would love it.

It’s what I deserve for not signing up for Mozingo on time

1 Like

Hey, playing next weekend on a family trip to Kansas City. The only two courses we have tee times that fit our schedule and location are Blue Springs Country Club and Royals Meadows (wanted Adams Pointe, but they were booked). Does anyone have any experience with either of those courses?

1 Like

Blue Springs CC is a very average course, nothing that stands out from when I played it a couple of years ago except shorter par 5’s. And also being stuck behind a ladies league and the round took 5+ hours. Royal Meadows is basically golfing in the middle of a driving range. A lot of the holes running side by side so keep your head on a swivel. Lastly don’t judge all of KC golf by these 2 courses, they are definitely not the best ones we have to offer.

1 Like

I’ve played Swope and Adams Point previously. Lol, we are just trying to find something close by since we want plenty of time to get ready for the Royals game after we play!

1 Like

Nice, that will do the trick!

1 Like

Yeah. I want to give Swope another shot at some point. The two rounds I’ve played there have been 7 am tee times after staying out far to late. It’s obviously not an option next Saturday though. Lol

1 Like

for sure, did you like Adams Pointe?

I do! I’ve only played it a couple times, but I liked the layout. There were some challenging holes, but it was also playable.

1 Like

Agreed, AP is a solid course in KC. The par 5 9th hole always gets me though, I always find a way to mess that hole up

1 Like

I’d skip Blue Springs altogether as they are renovating the 18th hole with a temporary green short left.

I’m actually quite fond of Royal Meadows. It’s fairly straight forward, short, and fun. It’s uncomplicated and you can get around pretty quick.

You should also know that between these two courses there are other ‘better’ options in Drumm Farm, WinterStone and Stone Canyon. All three are more challenging and have a much more diverse routing and topography.

Tee times for the latter two are easily accessible on TeeQuest or by simply calling the clubhouses.

2 Likes

Dang! Thanks for the heads up on Blue Springs! I will take a look at those other options too.

1 Like

I also think Royal Meadows is a fun loop with some really fun clientele. Not sure what time you are wanting to play but Hillcrest is not far from the stadiums and looks to have a ton of tee times on Saturday. It is an old Donny Ross course that is one of my favorites in the city. Just throwing it out there. What day are you going to the game? I’ll be there on Friday night.

Awesome! I will look into Hillcrest and we are going Saturday night! Gonna be my first trip to the K since pre COVID.

1 Like

Thinking about finding a club for next year. Anyone have any reasonable suggestions? Must have a pool and a decent course.

1 Like

You know my answer.

1 Like