Roll Call: KC Area

Can confirm.

Wings at Q39 are the best in the city for smoked wings also love thier sides. Joes has unreal sandwiches and fries. Gates’ sauce is my favorite out there, will put that on anything – thier meat is just ok to me. I’ve heard that Slaps may be vying for the crown soon - havent made it there yet.

1 Like

Can confirm, Slaps is legit. My favorite of the ‘traditonal’ bbq joints. Everything is good but their sausage in particular is amazing and their sauces are excellent as well.

As for Emporia @JoshBWNY, don’t know of any local there but Sand Creek Station isn’t too far away (all things considered) and is highly regarded.

2 Likes

Sycamore Ridge is one of the better public options in the KC area and is on the SW edge of the metro. It’s probably an hour or so from Emporia and worth checking out. You could continue up I35 to the Olathe Joe’s BBQ location after the round.

2 Likes

Club Glove travel bag available on CL

1. Slaps
  2. Q39
  3. Joe’s

IMO

1 Like

I see BBQ lists forming so I’m definitely jumping in.

1. Q39
  2. Jousting Pigs
  3. Joe’s
  4. Slap’s
  5. Blind Box

*There are many more I want to try that may infiltrate the list, but this is today’s standings.

1 Like

Real KC men make their own favorite BBQ

Sorry, complete flex but I was too proud of that plate not to share.

Yeah, used to swear by Joes but Slaps has become a near equal for me.

12 Likes

I’m willing to fire off :hot_pepper: BBQ takes that I’m sure everyone will react rationally to

1. Harp
  2. Q39
  3. Slaps
  4. LC’s
  5. KC Joes
1 Like

so Slap’s does indeed Slap?

3 Likes

(it does not, imo)

2 Likes

Joe’s
Q
Jack Stack
Blind Box
Bryant’s
LC
Hayward’s
Foot-Joy

Gates

*I’ve only had Slaps’ catered to a wedding, so don’t feel confident in my judgment

Jack Stack wings def. Q39 wings 5&4

Joe’s
LC’s

Gates’s whole chicken

1 Like

I like what i see, going to hit up 1 or 2 for sure. Now how about course ratings within a hour or 2

I would recommend looking at Firekeeper, Sand Creek Station, and Colbert Hills for the best courses outside of KC and within an hour or two of you. Sycamore Ridge and Creekmoor would be other top notch public courses if you venture to the south side of KC.

2 Likes

I just got back from Landman last night. We have a gem on our hands, I know we all thought it would be. The greens where like Sweetens but on what ever Barry Bonds took. The views are in the clouds. And the VIBE is perfect. I know that times are taken this year, but if you can get a time for next year you should go for sure. Not a bad drive and well worth it. This is the 17th green, short par 4 I hit a terrible tee shot and had 40 yards to the front and 90 to to the pin. Just an awesome place!

15 Likes

Hell yes. Pumped to get up there soon.

2 Likes

Awesome can’t wait to play there on September 18!!

Worth every minute of drive time! Also order a drink with ice, they have sweet plastic cups. Merch is a little low but they said they will have more, but they were not sure when. And one other tip, get a yardage book, all the drawings in the book are from Rob and basically tells you where to go. I wish I could go back today. Just a great place! Can’t wait to get back next year!

4 Likes

Yardage book is a must buy. Love that thing and would have had no chance without it.