Roll Call: KC Area

Peculiar driving range does. Looks like they are open til 9 except Friday until midnight.

Thank you gang. The range just hits different at night imho.

1 Like

#TrajLighting

2 Likes

Need a final headcount for the IRONS ONLY @ HOA on Saturday!

Click here to put yer name on the signup before tomorrow night. I’m gonna give all but the last few tee times back tomorrow evening.

Come out should be fun and casual where you can play nine holes on a cool track with just yer irons (no hybrids, @Bminni) in just under two hours so you can still get to those more important plans by 8pm or so.

3 Likes

Damn I wish I could. I love HOA. I would highly encourage bug spray! The only time I’ve ever left a course mid-round was out there because I was getting dominated by skeeters. It was honestly gross and normally they don’t even bother me. I always carry bug spray just for that reason. Have fun gang!

GLOWING review of the course and the experience!

2 Likes

Let me back up, HOA fuqs. From the quirky fun holes, to the walkability, to the conditioning, it is absolutely one of my favorite tracks around. I love the people that play out there and love the old timers working the course. ONE (1) time I was completely molested by skeeters the size of which I had never experienced but have returned to HOA many times! I thank HOA for teaching me to always carry bug spray because you never know where an errant drive might take you.

2 Likes

Love it.

This is how I show my love!

1 Like

Never take the shortcuts they have through the wild grass. I’ve had the same experience and they followed me around the rest of the round after going from 2 to 3. Also avoid white clothes as they are attracted to that.

1 Like

As of this moment we have SIX people for SIX tee times. If it all stays this way we will play the last two times at 6pm and 610pm, three each and play 6ixes the game outlined in the Irons Only @ HOA post.

Questions? Wanna reserve yer spot? I’m calling them tonight at 6pm — imagine that — and giving back any un-reserved times!

Thanks all!

1 Like

Just had a great trip to the KC area, been posting a lot in the where’d you play thread. Just major shoutout to a great offering of golf and just a solid place. Visited my old high school teammate who kicked my ass the entire time I was here but he introduced me to one of the coolest spots, the blue line bar. It’s a hockey bar with great bar food and some of the nicest staff.

Shoutout to Chandler who was vibing on my Rhoback wasabi polo I made sure to give him the NLU promo for 20% off.

Awesome city will definitely return.

16 Likes

Glad you enjoyed your time in KC, also a solid course itinerary. Let us know when you are back again and can show you some other good courses in the area!

3 Likes

Long shot but I thought I’d reach out. Going to be in Lake of the Ozark this weekend and wondering if anybody would want to play The Oaks this Friday morning?

2 Likes

I was just coming in to see if anyone is playing first thing tomorrow morning and needs a third or fourth. Hoping to tee off before 9am anywhere within 30 miles of DTKC?

Going to be in Emporia in October. Hopefully we’ll get some golf in the area.

If anyone wants to be part of GPGC events this coming season and would like to help us plan dates where we can maximize the turn out (including yourself), please check this post out or just fill out what weekends they aren’t available in the google doc below.

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/gpgc-ks-ne-ia-mo-general-discussion/64558/688?u=vinnyg

Emporia public course is always well conditioned and has some fun holes. Also very manageable price wise.

1 Like

Thanks. Def plan on hitting that up. Would like to play some " nice courses" while there too.

When I’m in Emporia i may have a weekend off. Or a day off each week. Probably be there 3 weeks. I’m open for long drives. Any recs for courses near and far are appreciated. Also maybe sites and places to eat. I think I’ve had all bbq in the USA exceptttt. KC.

I’d start with q39 and Joe’s. Amazing.

4 Likes