Roll Call: KC Area

So interesting to hear. Hope they do something with the cart paths as well.

So I did dive back in a few months ago on the current state of affairs at KC Parks. A new Director came in as of Oct this year. The past guy was getting up there in age and def didn’t like the idea of change. Swope also moved on to a different super. No idea who they are or what the plan is there. Lastly, know the Shoal Creek purchase from KC Parks is set to be paid off in 2023. That was a big hang up as all the golf course expense was going into one bucket. If Swope was doing great, those profits were going to pay off the loan for Shoal.

This might be the best rumor I have heard this year. Hope its true and that they come through. Could absolutely knock this out without interrupting play. Raise the rate by $2 and we are paid off in two years.

8 Likes

at the very least GPGC will help increase revenue at swope in 2022.

5 Likes

What is this?

1 Like

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/great-plains-golf-club-kansas-city-based-roost-incl-ne-ia/64558/2

1 Like

Sick sick sick

4 Likes

We just got an email blast: course closed all weekend due to temps only reaching above the necessary 40 degrees for like 2 hours on Sunday. :pensive:

*would love to play Warrensburg sometime but Sunday is a no go, santa brunch at the club at 9 with the fam.

1 Like

:pensive: oof

Keep me in the loop chief, any excuse to get out to play Mules is a good one. I still say it’s the very best value golf within two hours drive and more.

@scagnetti I called Mules, they are open no matter the temperature. Bundle up!

I think my beer got colder when I took it outside to do some yard work today.

y’all are nuts.

1 Like

screech.

after yesterday’s post i made plans with the fam, and can no longer attend winter golf clinic in warrensburg… sad face.

What time is tee time?

10am

I don’t blame you. 40 is normally my cut off

1 Like

28 degrees at 10am, we aren’t going. That’s too cold.

1 Like

I don’t have an issue with the temp, I’m just trying to figure if I can work it out

Interesting collision of KU and The Evans Scholar Foundation:

2 Likes

This is great. I worked at a club where we had an ES every year I was there. All of them really good kids and to get college paid for is a huge deal. The more colleges, the more opportunities for kids not to be in debt out there ass when the finish school.

KCCC getting some local flavor in their head covers

1 Like

Put the 1896 logo on there instead of the kccc and 10/10 would buy.

1 Like