Roll Call: KC Area

:face_vomiting:

The dancing logo approach is not my style. Just a cluttered mess.

3 Likes

lol at the thought of a KCCC member braving any of those places except a suite at a ballgame.

9 Likes

Maybe they own those physical locations or are major share holders in some of the businesses?

1 Like

It’s a good effort. Should’ve omitted the Power & Light.

Also a lesson learned for us here that incorporating those logos/themes is a tricky/tacky business.

Grew up in Warrensburg before they renovated Pertle Springs to become Mules National. We were members at Hidden Pines Country Club, recommend playing it as well as it’s extremely cheap and easy to get on. Played it a couple times this summer and it wasn’t too bad condition wise. The back 9 is a really cool layout, holes 10, 11, 16, 17, and 18 are fun. Wish the university had purchased the course instead of renovating Pertle because HPCC had more land and potential to be a really good course.

1 Like

Anyone free tomorrow? May play Hillcrest at 1116, have 2 spots. $58 with cart. I know, I know, but it’s the only place with times centrally located. High of 71 tomorrow!

Nevermind, time got sniped.

Hey fellow KC golfers - new Nest member here. Originally from Iowa but have lived in KC for going on 4 years now after a stop in Denver. Looking forward to getting out there in 2022 and meeting some of you. Cheers!

13 Likes

Oh we like that:

9 Likes

11 Likes

Long time listener; first time caller. I’m a KCMO native and current Shawnee resident. I was given the gift of a Nest membership and am looking forward to getting involved.

8 Likes

Shoal was really friendly for our alumni group’s tournament last year FWIW

2 Likes

I know Travis is all over this but my mouth is watering at the idea that we could have: Shoal, Dubs, Mules National, Sycamore as an elite 4 course set-up. Then do a fun meet-up event maybe at Borough Creek National and a major at Swope? And try to send a 8-team squad to to play the STL folks in the Ozarks.

Very imaginative mindset but could be possible if we catch some good weather in March.

2022 Dream Schedule (I’m a sucker for cheesy event names as well; please bare with me)

March - Sow the Seeds Kickoff Invitational @ Shoal Creek
April - Home on the Dreadful Range @ Dubs Dread
May - The GPGC Round Up @ Sycamore Ridge
June - 2022 Roost Qualifier @ Swope
July - The American Royal Championship @ Mules National
August - STL/KC I-70 Ryder Cup @ Ozarks (Big Cedar courses)
September - BCN Pitch-A-Palooza @ Brough Creek National

7 Likes

the show me showdown with saint louis was at Tanglewood, east of Columbia. really enjoyed the course, enjoyed beating @anon43372372 and @Jrembold even more, but I think they’d agree it was an enjoyable course and venue for such a ‘small’ event…

perhaps that venue can stage it again?

I was a fan – and still am – of Eagle Knoll just south of columbia, it’s literally about a 20-30 minute drive down from I-70. I’d wish for a regional tournament there, largely because ive played it a few times.

anyway, shoal, dubs, sycridge and Mules make a really strong rotation… swope HAS to be our roost’s championship site. just gotta be.

$0.02

3 Likes

So if you are playing to win the highway and not the state you’ll have people show up…… interesting :smirk:

4 Likes

If you want the best centralized course in the state you would be very hard pressed to beat Kinderhook. Its not the Branson courses, but man is it nice.

i’d think it well-advised we stay away from resorts for this type deal. and while it may be NICE, how well do they host tournaments of this size? how easy is it for everyone to get there, and stay if need be?

I’ve played kinderhook, and cant imagine it being navigable for anyone but people in springfield, same for the big cedar courses.

seems a good idea to stick to pubic courses in the center of the state, in and around columbia is my best suggestion.

6 Likes

is there a thread for the Show Me Showdown? I defiantly either wasn’t aware of it last year being so new to the Nest or missed it completely. Think with the new traction we could easily get 4-8 to travel to Columbia for an event.

1 Like

I think it was in here.