Roll Call: KC Area

With it being a high of 57 this Sunday and the chefs having a night game surely we can get a mini-TRoost kickoff somewhere or at least a 4 some?

@sundaybag how’s the GHIN membership renewal process work for BCN? Auto or do I need to go in and re-sign up for 2022?

1 Like

If you chose auto, it will be auto. Maybe see if it lapses and re sign up?

I’d be down to play Sunday.

1 Like

I’m down either Saturday or Sunday

When are you thinking to go play Mules?

I know I have some family commitments this weekend, but Swope is showing 1220 available for a 4 some. Just enough time.

I see they have 11:36am on Sunday if we wanna find one more? highly unlikely we get a 4 hour round in at swope in my experience if we start at 12:20 and sundown is 4:50pm @sundaybag @tnord

@VinnyG for the 4th spot Sunday?

1 Like
  • Swope 11:36 AM Sunday (12/5) is booked for 4 under Schmitt sounds like Ben, Travis and Vinny were first interested but if any of them can’t make it feel free to join in, there is a 12:21 for anyone else if another 4 some is able to play
3 Likes

Happy to fill that spot. There also looks to be an 11am available for 2 people if others want to book that and join discussion post-round

@tnord When the time comes if we want to book some random weekly or biweekly time slots I’d be happy to call some public courses. Let me know how I can help.

1 Like

roster sheet up to 13 just in a couple hours.

Edit; 17.

1 Like

Thanks for leading the charge

2 Likes

I came up with this name as a nod to union station, but reading more about the origins and history of Troost Ave, I like it more and more.

History[edit]

The street is named after the first physician to reside in Kansas City, Dr. Benoist Troost. He was born November 17, 1786 in Holland and moved to the United States in 1815, settling in Independence, Missouri in 1844. Troost Avenue has been continuously developing from 1834 into the 1990s, including movie theaters and apartments.[1] After the Town of Kansas (which is now the city of Kansas City, Missouri) was established in 1850, Dr. Troost became one of the governing trustees. In the 1850s, he was involved in publishing the first newspaper, the Kansas City Enterprise. He was one of the originators of the first Chamber of Commerce in 1857. He died February 8, 1859 and is buried at the Mount St. Mary’s Catholic Cemetery at 2201 Cleveland Avenue.[2]

Troost Avenue has historically served as a dividing line of racist segregation and disinvestment in Kansas City, with more white residents living west of Troost and more black residents living to the east.[3] For decades, this line was legally enforced under Jim Crow laws,[4] which had been templated after the neighborhood system of house deed covenants blocking homeownership or occupancy by Blacks and Jews, which had been written by Kansas City real estate developer J.C. Nichols.

Or it could be called the “TRoosters” with the logo being a proud cock. Either way.

4 Likes

Maybe a big Rooster water fountain?

2 Likes

Or TRoosters in the Western Auto sign. Or a Rooster in the Western Auto Sign

3 Likes

I love the simplicity of this. If we wanted some obvious thing on it to identify ourselves we could overlay the Mo-Kan border on top of it. Something like below.

2 Likes

I do like the Rooster mascot.

Could it be we found a charitable cause, an urban golf enterprise EAST of TRoost called Harris Park?

5 Likes

I sent @tylernichols91 this

And he already came up with this

5 Likes

Just getting started on some ideas, but if we had a logo that was simple, but cool, it would be good for everything.