Roll Call: KC Area

I’ll third Josh Nahm. Started seeing him after I had plateaued in college and he took me to another level. It’s hard to explain, but he’s just that good.

2 Likes

I also know of people that see Nahm and are pleased with the outcome. I think his rates have gone up over the last couple years, but I’m not sure what he charges.

Another instructor in the area that I can personally vouch for is Rod Nuckols who teaches out of Blue Hills. He used to be the coach at WSU. When I moved to KC and was looking for a local pro to work with Rod came recommended from former players, and literally every single good player at BHCC I asked said to go see Rod.

I still primarily see the same guy I worked with in Hutch, but have seen Rod for “check-ups.” He’s very old school, works with the things you do well instead of trying to rebuild everything, is very positive, and also has very reasonable rates.

1 Like

I’ve seen him for the last couple years and he’s helped immensely. He’s at The National in Parkville now where before he had been out at Firekeeper north of Topeka for years. His rate has gone up but I’ve rationalized it that I pay the same now — if you include the gas required to drive the 90 minutes each way to Firekeeper…

As near a miracle worker as possible. Great with juniors and seniors alike.

3 Likes

Playing Hodge Park at 1:20 today with a buddy if anyone else is starting the weekend early and wants to join. Going to be attempting the Bladey Eighty challenge and having a few domestics.

Just got back from playing Mules National in Warrensburg. $16 walking twilight on a Sunday/Holiday.

I mean for sheer value, it’s amazing. But the conditioning is great for all the rain and the routing and design is fun and interesting.

It’s a 6/10 taking into account for the location, but an 8/10 for design/conditioning/value. Short par 4 9th was fun. Island green par 3 18th was the schticky outlier. All other holes were fun with sneaky undulating greens.

1 Like

Iv’e thought about making the drive from Columbia to play there. About an hour and a half drive. Worth the drive or nah?

Know what I wanna do, is to take a cart and loop it twice. I pushed my cart around in 2.45. And I was playing two balls on most holes. Nobody was out there. Place doesn’t look like it gets a lot of play.

Quick walk. But so so hot today.

I could cart around twice in 5 hours. On a Sunday at twilight.

2 Likes

also just saw they Missouri Women’s Amatuer and Mid-Am tournament is at Mules Natl. this week… no wonder the conditioning was superb last weekend…

and coincidence or not, one of Josh Nahm’s students is solo 3rd and the defending Am Champ, Abby Glynn.

That’s wild, man. Good for them, that place needed a lot of work and they’re doing it.

Also, another example of how much better many golf courses could be just by opening up claustrophobic tree corridors.

3 Likes

Gonna go hit Mules Natl. again today after work walking single is $16. Might be a bit wet but that place seemed to drain pretty well.

Any refugees wanna meet out there I’m gonna try and tee off just before 4pm. They’ve got an open tee sheet!

Anyone playing in the SLAT at Loch Lloyd tomorrow?

For those of you playing in the show down vs STL. Would love to play with some of you before then.

1 Like

They still have a long way to go on-course re: Oakwood. There are 10-11 holes out there that are solid. Those last few that havent had tree removal still bring it down IMO.

1 Like

When is this showdown you speak of? Update, I got it now.

1 Like
2 Likes

The wild thing is that picture is of the future range! No one’s hit a shot on that “hole” in two months, and it looks better than it did when it was still part of the course. Still a lot of trees could/should be buzzcut even after a ton have been taken out over the last 12 months.

2 Likes

Are there any plans for another meetup? Don’t gotta be Swope, but another meetup would be sick.

1 Like

I’ve suggested on here a couple times that a quick hour drive to Warrensburg on a Sunday afternoon evening we could have two or three tee times blocked because no one is out there and it’s a fun quick walk for SIXTEEN DOLLARS.

WHO’S IN?!

6 Likes

I’m in on this, I haven’t been down there yet.

i get how many or all of the Johnson County Kansas people see it as a hindrance… but the round out there is so quick… and it’s so cheap! been out there three times now, and I’ve got a preferred ‘routing’ that also makes it fast fun and easy to walk… start on 10, from 17 green to 1 tee, then 9 green to 18 tee. i walked it that way with groups lagging in front of me, as a single push cart mafia member in 2:45…