Roll Call: KC Area

Was hoping to hit the driving range at Shoal this evening, but, man, probably not the best day for it temp wise.

Was hoping to hit the sauna at Shoal this evening… fixed it

1 Like

Played Mules National for the first time on Sunday morning and I am a big fan. $25 to walk on a weekend morning. He sent me out early and I was able to finish in about 3 hours. Can’t get much better than that.

1 Like

The one better is $16 walking twilight.

Could you see how my preferred routing could be fun? I now start on 10, and go from 17 green to 1 tee, 9 green to 18 tee.

And the island green on 18 is just… I dunno… stupid. Doesn’t go with the rest of the course at all.

But there’s 17 fun little holes out there… and can be had for $16 walking on a twilight night. In season.

Welcome to the party, pal!

Blue Hills is closed down for member guest the next few days, and Swope is booked. If anybody is interested in late afternoon/twilight golf I’d probably be up for playing somewhere work dependent.

I could do a Saturday afternoon or Sunday twilight.

1 Like

I can’t make it sat/sun. Looking to sneak some golf in while the kids are with the grandparents over the next couple days.

Any refugees besides myself and @tnord playing the Mid Am event at KCC next Thursday?

Make sure you have your tube socks!

1 Like

I’m a sick gui and and am just gonna wear pants. Crew length socks are not very comfortable IMO

Looking at the forecast I’ll be sporting some pants also

Am I allowed to come watch next Thursday?

no idea. wear long socks, khaki shorts, and a white polo and you’ll pass for either a player or volunteer.

1 Like

Unless it’s 100°, I do the same thing in the rare instance I play somewhere with sock rules.

Can we see the rest of your list?

1. KCCC

They’re all international so definitely not frequent stops
2. Royal Melbourne
3. Victoria GC
4. Elie GC
It was cool enough at Elie that pants were fine. It was a little toasty for the two rounds in Australia, however.

3 Likes

I’m also free tomorrow. Schedule just opened up.

Anyone free on Tuesday afternoon - 530? My buddy, who I got hooked on golf during covid, is hurt and can’t play in our two man league at Minor Park. It’s a lot of fun, not too serious, and only 16 bucks to walk. It is handicapped and helps scratch my competitive itch.

Thought I would share this here. Early workings of a meet up in Des Moines next year focused on the original strapped season courses and the Iowa State Fair.

Return to the Birthplace of Strapped

4 Likes

Does anyone have a recommendation for a coach that can help me with my putting? I’ve never had a lesson of any kind and am sick of my putting ruining every round. I live in Waldo but would be willing to go just about anywhere.