Roll Call: Iowa

Not sure what the similarities are tbh. Lawsonia links is a course with massive, abrupt man made features. The scale and severity of the hazards are incredible and memorable. Built on sand.
The lasting memory or glynns is the inexplicable routing of 4 nearly identical holes in a row. Sure many golfers mistakenly glaze glynns as “links” style, but the only things linked here are boring features followed by soft conditions and softer 90’s style mounding. Built on black dirt.
Glad you had a fun round there but it was probably because that course is a literal walk in the park. Which is the opposite of the links course at Lawsonia.

1 Like

Me and @runitout will be playing Palmer Hills at 9:14am on Saturday morning. We have two spots open right now, if interested let me know.

(@fourleafgrover & @IrishIcarito since you guys are local wanted to make sure you saw this)

Thanks!

3 Likes

Appreciate it. Dad’s birthday is Saturday so got some family stuff going.

Plus, I’d go to the wrong course then show up an hour late.

ICARITO!!!

Good luck fellas!

2 Likes

Don’t worry I would of reminded you the morning of

1 Like

I’m in

2 Likes

Unfortunately i have a family thing at noon Saturday, but i am long over due to teeing it up with you fine gentleman.

2 Likes

DSM area guis (or anyone that will be/wants to be in DSM this weekend): I’ve got two spots open for Waveland Sunday at 12:30p. If interested lemme know.

On a completely unrelated topic: avoid 56th St just north of I-235 right about 1:30pm on Sunday…

2 Likes

We need a few Iowans to fill out match play bracket. Sign up here!

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/2024-gpgc-match-play-competition/103608/16?u=sweet_cupn_cake

4 Likes

We just need a few more from Iowa to fill out an entire region. Registration cutoff is this Friday!

1 Like

This link didn’t work for me sir, get it together!

@Worst12onEarth:

2 Likes

Ahhh a roost thing. I don’t have one of those.

1 Like

Yet. You don’t have one of those… YET…

1 Like

2 Likes

Just imagine having a grueling match coming down the stretch at an illustrious course like Pheasant Ridge?! #GetInvolved

6 Likes

Well the commute is the thing that could kill this deal. It’s also not lost on me that @Sweet_Cupn_Cake is on here pumping this when he, himself, is not signed up…

3 Likes

1 Like

If you just wanted to sign up for the match play you wouldn’t be obligated to do anything else though, @Worst12onEarth. Your fellow Iowegians will be more than happy to meet halfway and accommodate getting the matches in with you. If you make it past the North Regional, you’re at the mercy of those guis in KC, most of whom are willing to do the same. The championship last year was actually held in Lamoni (of all places) for that very reason.

JOIN US! Together we can rule the galaxy as father and son!

er, wait - sorry, that’s for something else.

JOIN US ANYWAY!!! If you sign up to help us fill the bracket the first brisket mac n cheese is on me in August.

3 Likes
  1. I was asked to.
  2. How dare you
  3. With Scotland and baby there is a 0% chance I could play late in to the tournament (because we all know Id make it)
2 Likes