Roll Call: Iowa

The house that looks over 5 green has to be 2.5x the cost of the course. Minimum.

It’s a fixer-upper. Buy it, do a bunch of work to clean it up, and then sell it to DCC and call it the Backwoods Nine. Can’t say I’ve ever seen someone “flip” a golf course, but there’s a first time for everything.

4 Likes

you’re better off buying the acreage and letting it grow out and have the city or current homeowners try and buy it back from you after ruining their property values.

3 Likes

Alonzo Mourning GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

1 Like

What course was it?

Pebble Creek GC in LeClaire

https://www.pebblecreekgolf.org/

1 Like

Anyone up for golf Sunday in the DM Area? Should be a lovely day.

I’d be up for it!

I’m a maybe there. I’m working at the des moines home and garden show but could make an early time work. Anywhere or time you’re thinking?

Looking for a morning time cause I need to be in Ankeny by 5:30. Somewhere 10-11:30. Any course is fine with me. Blank and Terrace ought to be open for sure. I might look around at others.

EDIT: Grandview opens Wednesday and Waveland opens Friday so plenty of options.

1 Like

I’ll be a game time decision, depending on the conference. Just schedule without me wherever you like and I’ll try to make it work.

Buy it. Tear down every single tree on the property except the ones around the tee boxes to make a shoot. Make the green fees super expensive and force people to stay on property to play. Then change the name to Pebble Prairie Creek Golf Links

1 Like

Don’t know if anyone is interested on short notice but I’ve got 11 am at Waveland if anyone is not working today like myself

Damnit, just saw this. Have fun.

Short notice here, but @Drthunder24601 and I are playing at Fox Ridge at 11:20 tomorrow if you are interested in joining

1 Like

Good Morning.

Glynn’s Creek Golf Course, Long Grove, IA.
Sunday March 3, 2024.
10:24am.

One spot remains open.

Would be playing with @grandpa_jones , @camgriff2 , and myself.
We will be walking.

Is this how you spell versatile? - Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum

4 Likes

I’m even prepping for my appearance in the QC today.

Shoutout the 5th major

4 Likes

I’ll join!

3 Likes

Iowa/Des Moines area peeps: I have an open spot at Waveland for 12:39pm this Saturday (3/9) if anyone is interested.

1 Like

I workshopped this take with @RunItOut and @grandpa_jones at lunch and after my drive home I’m ready to put my name on something.

(I fully realize the overlap on these two courses may be very slim but I’ll still stand by it)

Gylnns Creek is the Lawsonia Links of Iowa/QC. I first brought this up to Chris on hole 3 and it just grew in my mind throughout the day. It’s not as great, sure, but the bones are there on a few holes. Fun elevation change, greens that aren’t flat circles, nice walk.

It was an extremely enjoyable course, although I’d love to give it a go in less windy conditions.

5 Likes