Roll Call: Iowa

Is that any good?

3 Likes

https://www.land.com/property/89.51-acres-in-Scott-County-Iowa/19439883/

Shares some land with Davenport CC. Are 4/9 holes being terrible a dealbreaker? You decide.

2 Likes

The pictures being awful are. They trying to sell me a golf course or a random field with some openings and bridges and trees?

2 Likes

Counterpoint… Did you even SEE that concrete tunnel?!

2 Likes

Their website is fantastic…

https://www.pebblecreekgolf.org/

Two highlights for me:

1. The banner says “We have moved to 3851 Forest Grove Drive,” as if they just picked up the course and put it somewhere else.
  2. They have a Photo Tour that I was looking forward to browsing… but it’s just stock photos
3 Likes

Hello everyone,
I am hosting the first annual Hot Dish in Madison August 19th and wanted to extend an invite to our friends in IA
Will be at Nakoma Golf Club, cost with food comes out to $126 per person ($40 deposit due next Friday as long as we get to 40 by then. ), and we will have an NIT spot available

I’ll drop the google doc below but please feel free to reach out to me with any questions

John
Bartender, The Supper Club

4 Likes

Big this scene vibes

2 Likes

Is this a live look at @grandpa_jones and myself wandering around the QC?

No, its just me doing both parts because he knows this is a terrible idea.

2 Likes

of the two of us, who would of thought it would be you who’s the bigger dreamer?

3 Likes

I’d love to hear the “Saukie of LeClaire” pitch from both you and @RunItOut

2 Likes

Was thinking more of a Stone Creek of LeClaire. @Worst12onEarth knows what I’m talking about.

2 Likes

No idea what you are referring to. My ideas are always firmly rooted in reality and financial prudence. I’ve never once audibly articulated a thought or concept without immense scrutiny and validation of logic. Furthermore, I lament your poorly, feeble attempt to shame my entrepreneurial spirit.

1 Like

Maybe you are too focused on “wants” and not “needs”. Sure you want a golf course but do we need a golf course that, in your words, has 4 out 9 bad holes.

2 Likes

Feels like a Sweetens Cove Iowa possibility. Hawkeye Creek perhaps?

1 Like

I’m not sure what’s going on in this thread. But I’m very excited to sit by a pool and read about it for the next 15 minutes. Most posts I’ve ever seen ive missed.

3 Likes

Goldfinch Golf Club

Talking about buying a 9 hole course that shares land with DCC but is in bad shape and everyone hates it.

Normal stuff.

2 Likes

Don’t buy what Mr. @RunItOut is selling. I’ve never played the course for a reason, it’s surrounded by gaudy, expensive houses and because frankly, it sucks.

1 Like

I heard the refuge is funding a second Saukie…

2 Likes

Some of the houses out there are worth more than the entire golf course

2 Likes