Roll Call: Iowa

I’d be fine with that

We’re in with a 10:03a tee at Terrace. Assuming @ThatGolfPunk is in, we have one spot left if anyone else needs to feed that sweet swing addiction Sunday morning.

1 Like

I just looked at the forecast & it’s going to be pretty chilly at 10 AM, so put me as tentative. If there’s someone who is definitely in, they can have my spot.

1 Like

it’s gonna be a beautiful morning and it’ll only get warmer from there.

2 Likes

I think one of your questions has to be where is your favorite tenderloin sandwich from.

5 Likes

You’re right. I do think the tenderloins have fallen off in the area though. Off the top of my head I’m having a hard time thinking of the best I’ve had recently, but that may be a me problem. What does your list look like? I may have to recommit myself.

Newton’s in Waterloo used to be good. Quality has dropped a little the last couple times I’ve been in there. Sasquatch Jack’s in Waverly has a good one. If you ever find yourself in Dysart, the one at Harper’s Public House is very very good. One of my goals every year is to try all 5 of the finalists in the Iowa Pork Producers annual contest. This isn’t an easy goal considering I don’t live in Iowa and they are usually spread out across the whole state. But last time I was down in Des Moines we went out to Jamaica to try Tojo’s Bar and Grill which was a finalist this year. Very good loin, but I’m not sure about top 5 in the state. My one gripe with that list is once you’ve won or been a finalist you are no longer allowed to reenter the competition. If they truly want to find the best in the state then let everyone compete every year! Heading back down to Des Moines this weekend for state wrestling. Might have to swing over to Duncombe and try Stumpy’s Bar & Grill on my way down tomorrow. They were also a finalist this past year.

3 Likes

I really need to be better at researching this. Typically just default to Smittys after playing Blank on south side. Great shakes too.

3 Likes

Smitty’s is another good one, as is Goldie’s out in Prairie City!

1 Like

Brick Street in Bondurant I remember having once and enjoying too.

Is Smitty’s a chain? There was one in Albia that had one of my favorites. Or the Filling Station in Davenport.

2 Likes

Filling Station! Yes sir!

1 Like

I dont think so. Website seems to only have DSM location.

1 Like

Is there any Butter Cow stickers floating around?

3 Likes

4 Likes

In a more serious less flirtatious tone. Yes, I still have a few extras. Shoot me a DM if youd like me to mail you one.

1 Like

Went to UNI for too long. This was my list as well

2 Likes

“Too long?” I was there for 6.5 years good sir.

4 Likes

I believe they call those doctors

1 Like

…or Masters in Public Policy.

1 Like