Roll Call: Iowa

Absolutely! The spot is yours.

Welcome to the thread and thanks for getting involved!

4 Likes

6 Likes

Welcome welcome @Wicket!!
If you’re happy to make drives you should also definitely check out our regional roost Great Plains Golf Club based out of KC. Still a couple events this year and a lot of fun - definitely worth the trips IMO.

2022-2023 GPGC Season 2

4 Likes

You have a few of us in DSM here to and we can certainly post our times. Usually at a minimum some of us play Tuesday afternoons.

5 Likes

I wish I could, but I have an Elite Eight date with @Bagumbo at a Larry Packard gem.

4 Likes

Well, one of the holes is anyways. I believe it’s been altered since then too. He did do the second 9 with his son Roger when it expanded to 18 though. As young as that course is it’s a shame only one hole of the original 9 Larry designed is still there.

Seriously, only one hole?!? Please tell me it’s his signature double dogleg Par 5 16th (shoutout to @ZachR who LOVES that hole). Also, I am thoroughly impressed with & intrigued by your historical knowledge of this course.

4 Likes

Yeah unfortunately. I was assuming it was the 16th. Although he is credited with working with Roger on the expansion/revision, so i’m sure there’s still some elements of his in there. Honestly other than Waveland (THANK you 1932 project) there’s not a lot in the public domain on history of our beloved munis here.

Stupid flammable clubhouses…

Please feel free to use these images to promote the butter cow!

4 Likes

Counting the hours until noon tomorrow…

2 Likes

Ok where are you guys playing? Im too busy to look it up haha

Going to Blank for an old fashioned south side shootout.

Though i know you’ve spent a little time on a local Packard gem yourself.

Fun. DSM hot take. I like Blank more than Jester.

6 Likes

I’m with you there. Jester may have buffalo (shoutout GPGC!), but where else you can get screamed at by howler monkeys in your back-swing?

1 Like

What good architect aims you into a wall of pine trees?!

2 Likes

You disappoint me Mike.

1 Like

You guys got room for one more on Saturday?

Dangit i just filled the fourth spot today

Alistair MacKenzie?

Going to Des Moines for 2.5 days next week. Staying at fort Des Moines hotel. Anywhere I should go? Bar I should go to or meal I should have?

2 Likes